// 10 \\

Me, Sphinx, and Zachary went home. It was a very quiet drive and when we for there I went straight upstairs with Zachary so he could get ready for bed. 

I gave him a bath, helped him brush his teeth and then got him in his pj's. 

"Inxy!" He called loudly. 

I heard footsteps and Sphinx appeared in the doorway quietly.  

"What's up bud?" He asked. 

"I'm ready for bed." Zachary said happily.  

Sphinx nodded and walked up to Zachary's bed and kneeled down next to him. 

"Alright kid, put your guns up, let me see how big they are." Sphinx said with a smile.  

I laughed as Zachary put his little arm up and tried to flex his little arms. 

Him and Sphinx did this every night mostly.  

Zachary had told Sphinx he wants to have muscles as big as him when he gets older. 

So every night before he goes to bed, he has Sphinx check them to see if they've gotten bigger.  

Sphinx squeezed his arm and smiled. 

"You're getting there kid." He said.  

Zachary laughed and pulled Sphinx down by his neck, hugging him.  

"Night Inxy." Zachary said.  

"Night Zack." Sphinx said softly. 

He pulled away and walked out of the room.  

I watched him go and then said good night to my son, giving him a big hug and kiss before I wrapped him up like burrito.  

I closed the door until it was cracked. 

I marched over downstairs, ready to confront Sphinx about what he said earlier. 

I went into the living room and saw him staring at the wall.  

"We need to talk." I said firmly, putting my hands on my waist.  

"About?" Sphinx said nonchalantly, not even looking at me.  

I really hate fighting with him, it doesnt happen very often but it gets bad sometimes. 

"About that crap you said earlier." I said angrily.  

"It wasn't crap. It was a fact." Sphinx said matter of factly. 

"No, its crap because you know it's not true." I said.

"It is true. Things would be so much easier if you and Zacky were back together. Zack would have a stable relationship with both of his parents. He won't have to worry about when his dad leaves, that he won't be coming back. Just because I'm saying these things doesn't mean I don't love you. It also doesn't mean I don't want to be with you. I love you and Zachary. I'm just saying things would be easier if you and Zacky were together. For Zachary." Sphinx said. 

"Do you really think I would throw away everything we've built together for something that happened four years ago?" I asked.  

Sphinx didn't say anything.  

It was a couple minutes of silence before I got fed up. 

"This is bullshit. I'm going to bed. When you decide to move, go ahead and leave. Lock the door behind you." I said, angrily stomping up the stairs. 

I went to my room and took a quick shower, trying to calm myself down.  

I got out and got dressed, not bothering to dry my hair before I got into bed.  

I was tossing and turning for ten minutes when I let out an irritated sigh. 

I could never sleep after I have a fight with Sphinx.

"I'm sorry." I heard from my doorway.  

I sat up and looked at Sphinx as he leaned against my doorway.  

"I thought you left." I said, scooting until my back hit the headboard so I could rest against it.  

"I can't just leave things the way they were." He said.

"Do you have any idea how it makes me feel when you say things like that?" I said quietly.  

Sphinx didn't say anything. 

"What me and Zacky had four years ago was special. It always will be. But I'm not the same person I was back then. I'm with you for a reason, Sphinx. Because I love you, and because you treat me and my son so good." I said. 

"I know and I'm sorry I upset you. It definitely wasn't my intention to make you feel like I don't love you. I was just stating facts. Zacky is your sons father. No matter how I feel, that isn't going to change. It doesn't mean I love him or I love you any less. It really would be easier to be with him." Sphinx said.

"I don't want what's going to be easier. I want what makes me happy. Whether you like it or not, that just so happens to be you. I know Zacky is my kids dad, but that doesn't make you any less important. You have been there for him when you really didn't have to be. That means so much to me and it makes me love you even more." I said.  

"I know. It's just seeing those two today just made me---" He didnt finish.  

"Jealous?" I asked. 

Sphinx nodded.  

"Stupid huh?" He said, coming over to sit next to me.

He put his hand softly on my knee and rubbed it gently. 

"Not stupid at all. I felt the same way. I mean, I gave birth to him and in five minutes he has Zachary wrapped around his finger." I said, totally annoyed.

"He's just excited babe. You know he absolutely adores you." Sphinx said.  

I smiled and punched him.  

"I hate that I cant stay mad at you." I said with a laugh. 

He chuckled and pulled me into his lap so I was straddling him.  

I wrapoed my arms ariund his neck and kissed him roughly.  

I felt him smile as he lifted me up and flipped me onto my back, laying his body on top of mine.  

"I don't see anything wrong with that." Sphinx said, kissing me again. 

I giggled as he kisses down my neck.  

"It is. Means I can never deny you anything." I said, putting my hands on Sphinx's neck and pulling his mouth back to mine.  

"So you could give me what I want now?" Sphinx asked softly, gently kissing me.  

"I think I can do that." I said with a grin. 

Sphinx smiled again and we continued into the night, thinking of nothing but each other.