Chapter 18

Work was a busy bee hive of activity as Geet and her team were in the midst of conducting group and individual sessions with various company employees the entire week.   One of the most popular sessions was stress management and most people were surprised by the many solutions that the team had proposed.   Some of these suggestions included spending time with one's family or loved ones, exercising, reading a good book, meditating, listening to music, taking up a hobby and keeping a gratitude journal.

The next few weeks would be telling as the adult participants chose one of these many pursuits outlined for practice and reported back on how they were feeling.   Geet was very sure that the results would be staggering and positive, if instructions were followed.

From experience, she knew that if an individual left work in the workplace and found at least 15 to 30 minutes every day for themselves, it would make a world of difference.   The problem was that patients would find excuses to not do the work because it was easy to remain stagnant.   In general, change was one of those things that humans found extremely intimidating.   For some, introducing something that could be life altering and possibly beneficial, was a very scary concept.

Geet had to remind her team to remain patient and understanding with their participants while remaining on point with their overall message.   Collectively, they had stream lined the assorted presentations, the numerous ideas that went along with them and the associated home work while keeping the workers from the same company in their corresponding groups.

This type of classification ensured a cohesive bond of unity between the employees while addressing the company's comprehensive agenda of wellness.   Since this was a pilot program, many steps required constant monitoring and tweaking.   Geet was grateful that her team along with Kathy were always willing to help and face the many hurdles and difficulties that came their way.

As Rohan and Maya's plays neared to curtain call, Geet had to rely heavily on her learned and practiced stress alleviation techniques.   Life in the Raichand household was abuzz this week with dialogue preparation and reciting, countless costume fittings and adjustments and reassuring the twins constantly that everything was going to work out.

Today was D-Day and Geet was both excited and nervous for opening night.   On this Friday, her focus was divided between her personal responsibilities and working towards the success of the hospital's new initiative.   She was glad that the team had decided not to run any group sessions on the last work day of the week.   This way they had time to complete the necessary paper work and update the corresponding reports.

Geet was in the process of finalizing one such report, when she heard a knock on her open door and looked sideways from her computer screen.   Kathy was standing in the entry way with her glasses on top of her head as she relayed sternly:   "Geet, if you don't get a move on soon, you are going to be late.   You do realize that?"

Geet frowned and then turned her wrist over to observe the time.   Seeing that it was close to 4:00 pm, Geet's eyes widened in shock.   This whole week had her losing track of time and to have this process repeated on the day that her babies were performing was unacceptable to her.

Geet continued putting the finishing touches on her report quickly and replied in passing:   "Oh Kathy, I don't know what I would do without you.   Thanks for the warning.   I just need five more minutes and then I am out of here!   Will I see you tonight?"