Chapter 13 - Edited Once

That's Lilly Barry :)

After three hours of playing a stressful and thrilling game of Call Of Duty, Jaxon and I won, and you should have seen their faces. It was absolutely fantastic to witness your own victory in their defeated eyes. I told you I'm the queen of this game!

"Not fair," Noah whined, then slammed the controller on the couch and pouted like a puppy. He's like Hunter when he loses. I would feel sorry for him, but... Eh. I'm not that kind.

I just smiled. "Yeah, you just got beaten by a girl. That's totally unfair." Jaxon smiled, and I nodded, feeling proud of my particular skills. I may be studying medicine, and it's hard to find time, but I always got the time for this game at home.

We stayed quiet for five minutes until I could not handle the silence anymore. "Hey Aaron, how is Lilly?" I asked, remembering him telling us she was sick yesterday.

He looked at me with nervousness in his eyes. "Um, she's fine..." He paused for a second then he looked right into my eyes. He looked too serious if you asked me. "Ariel, can I talk with you, please? And alone," Aaron requested, stood up, and I followed him upstairs to see what was up with him.

"Okay, it's about Lilly," he announced as we sat on a big bed, probably Jaxon's room. I didn't pay any attention when I entered.

I nodded, and he began talking. "I went to see her yesterday, and Lilly was so sick. She was puking and looking pale like a ghost from the nineties, and she didn't talk to me like she always does. She also hit me... on the head... with a frying pan... that had smashed pepper in it... So, since you are studying medicine and about to be a great doctor, I am sure, what do you think?" he asked with a worried expression.

Well, I can't be sure, but...

"First of all, what the hell is wrong with that pan? And second, what was she eating lately?" I asked with a thoughtful face. I had ideas.

"Pickles, sour food, and ice cream with mangoes... Altogether," he answered with a cloaked expression. Oh, okay, I think... Nope, I need to see her.

"Can you take me to her? Like, right now," I asked, already walking out of the room to the stairs. I did not need him to reply because either way, I'd go.

"Sure." He finally replied and followed suit.

"We are going out for a bit," I stated as I opened the main door. Jaxon stood up, arms crossed with one raised eyebrow. "With who?" He asked. He doesn't trust me, huh? Well, I would not trust myself either if I'm kidnaped. But this time is for a good cause, and I'm not alone.

"With me, we won't be late," Aaron called as we rushed to the car. We were running like we saw a shirtless male model giving free Ice cream to everyone. Well, I'm running like that... Aaron was just running for his girl.

"Do you have any idea of what her condition is?" He asked me as we drove off.

"Yeah, but I need to make sure, so stop at a pharmacy and give me money," I demanded, and he handed me a 100 dollars bill with a confused look. After five minutes, I saw a pharmacy and hopped out of the car. I entered to be greeted by a cheerful old man.

"How can I help you?" He asked politely. I told him about Lilly, and he agreed to my conclusion and handed me what I needed. And he asked the same question... What was in the pan? Great minds think alike.

"Thank you so much, sir, have a wonderful day!" I said. After I paid him, I returned to the car to see Aaron looking anxious, like he had some itching powder in his pants.