Superior

Summary

Delaney Escott lives in a world where popularity reigns supreme. The government is run by the Superiors―a very exclusive group of people who are virtually perfect. Every school in the country is run by a Ranking system. Ten, you're Popular. One, you're a Loser. Delaney is a certified Loser, nearly the lowest on the ranks. But she doesn't mind. Because when you're Popular, you get noticed. And when you get noticed, you may be Chosen.

Every year, the Superiors come to the top schools in the nation and evaluate the students. One boy and one girl-the most Popular in the school-are Chosen to go to the capital and train for Superiority. It's the highest honor, and everyone at Delaney's school is excited. That is; everyone except for Delaney. She couldn't care less.

Delaney thinks that she's the only one indifferent to (and perhaps even suspicious of) the Superiors―until Caleb Payne, the most popular boy in school, approaches her with a request. He has a task for her, one that he believes only she can do. And in completing this task, Delaney discovers that the government is hiding many secrets―and that the truth of the Superiors is far from what people believe it to be.

~~~

Dedicated to Anne Marie because see that banner on the side? She made it and it's fabulous like her.