Chapter Fourteen: Long May he Reign

As Emmelyne walked the halls, she suddenly came upon Sansa and Septa Mordane. The two spied her quickly. "Where have you been?" Septa Mordane demanded.

"We're supposed to leave today," Sansa added.

"We're not going to be leaving," Emmelyne stated.

The sounds of swords clashing echoed around the three woman, and Septa Mordane looked at Emmelyne nervously. "Have you done something?"

"No. What's happening now is nothing I could've ever done," Emmelyne replied stiffly.

"Sansa, you stay with Emmelyne. Go to her room. Bar the doors and make sure R'hllor is prepared to fight if he has to. Do not open the doors for anyone you do not know," Septa Mordane instructed.

"What is it? What's happening?" Sansa questioned nervously.

"Run!" Septa Mordane stated.

Emmelyne took Sansa's arm, and the two ran off the other way. "This way!" a man was shouting.

"Please, tell me what's going on," Sansa urged as they ran.

"Not now," Emmelyne stated in response.

They kept running, Emmelyne holding tightly onto Sansa. The two girls stopped quickly as the Hound's figure came around a corner. Sansa gasped softly, and Emmelyne went tense. "Stay away from us. I'll tell our father," Sansa stated.

He advanced toward them, Sansa and Emmelyne backing away as he did so. "I'll- - I'll tell the queen," Sansa stuttered out.

He chuckled. "Who do you think sent me?"

Emmelyne shook her head furiously. "No, no. You told me to run. You told me to go to my room," she said.

"That was what Joffrey commanded me to do. The queen has commanded me to bring you girls to her," he shrugged.

"Let us go. I promise that you won't regret it," Emmelyne pleaded.

"I'll regret it when Cersei's angry at me."

Only moments later Sansa and Emmelyne found themselves in Cersei's chambers. Lord Baelish, Maester Pycelle, and Varys, stood behind Cersei. "Your father has proved to be an awful traitor, my dears," Varys said.

"King Robert's body was still warm when Lord Eddard began plotting to steal Joffrey's rightful throne," Pycelle added.

"He wouldn't do that. He knows how much I love Joffrey. He wouldn't. Please, Your Grace. There's been a mistake. Send for our father. He'll tell you- - the king was his friend" Sansa said.

"Sansa, sweetling, you are innocent of any wrong, as is Emmelyne. We know that. Yet you are the daughters of a traitor," Cersei said, and then she looked to Emmelyne.

"How can I let you marry my son?" she questioned the elder girl.

Sansa seemed confused. "Joffrey is marrying me," she said.

Cersei chuckled lowly. "You didn't tell her while you ran away?" she questioned Emmelyne, who shook her head in response.

She looked back at Sansa. "My son wants to marry Emmelyne instead of you," she said simply.

Sansa did not know how to respond. Pycelle spoke up next. "A child born of a traitor's seed is no fit consort for our king. Both girls are sweet things now, your grace, but in ten years who knows what treasons either of them may hatch?"

"I don't even want to marry him. I won't be a traitor. Sansa can have him. She'll be a good wife," Emmelyne urged.

Sansa nodded quickly. "I'll be a queen just like you, I promise. I won't hatch anything," she agreed.