History of Birds and Humans

Revail thought he was a reasonable Rito

      Revail thought he was a reasonable Rito. He was good looking, if he did say so himself. He was the most skilled archer there was among them, as Princess Zelda had said time and time again. To top of his list was his humble title of Champion. Along with Mipha, Daruk, and Urbosa, they all piloted the divine beasts that were to save Hyrule from the impending doom from Calamity Ganon.

      The only problem was, everyone was still learning. The beast had only presently been brought to the light. The mechanics were still being learned, control was a challenge and not to mention Princess Zelda and her knight were figuring out the abilities of the Sheika Slate. On top of all of that, there was the single human that he loathed to be near.

      Her name was Arlett. She was a dear friend of the princess. She served as a healer, but knew her way around a melee weapon. She had spent time with Mipha to learn the healing arts. In fact, she had been to all the tribes, minus the Yiga, to learn about healing and anatomy of the different races in Hyrule. She was a talent indeed, but to Revali? She was a pin in his tail feathers.

      Her auburn hair was almost like a fire attempting to light, similar to her temper. Her strange red eyes were warm and welcoming, compared to any Hylian he had ever met. In fact, he had never seen a Hylian with red eyes.

      She enjoyed being around his people, a dancer and singer, her talent was welcomed and admired. He would never admit to her that she would have made a fine Rito woman, but she was a human with round ears and a rarity among the Hylians.

      Her race was not well known, and when found, looked down upon for their lack in connection with the Goddesses, not so graceful characteristics and supposedly terrible skill. It was lucky she was raised as Zelda's sister and best friend. The comments were held back and she easily proved her skills. She just could not prove to Revali why she was a useful asset.

      Arlett was no royalty, nor was she a Champion. She was not a tactician or warrior. She was in the way of their problems. To him, she was just an obstacle that refused to move. To make matters worse, Zelda often pared the two and refused to pull her best friend out of the equation. The worst part was, the human was very vocal towards him. She snapped at nearly every comment, mocked and insulted him, and butted heads in nearly every interaction.

He was not entirely sure what the greater disaster was:

She was Zelda's best friend and sister (by adoption).

The Rito Elder adored her talents as a singer and dancer.

      Speaking of which, she was supposed to be visiting today. The joy of mocking her was going to be upon him. Everyone knew they were enemies. He did not see how they could look past her façade and allow her to be a temperamental brat. She acted so sweet and innocent with that dazzling smile, but she was nearly as bad as a threat compared to Calamity when she was angry.