⎡92⎦

Hermione, Ron, and I were sitting at a table in Shell Cottage. There was a blanket around my shoulders and a cup of butterbeer in front of me. Nobody moved. Nobody spoke.

Near the kitchen, there were wind chimes that gently clinked against each other creating that soft "chink" noise. Luna walked up to it and touched it lightly.

"It's beautiful here," she commented

"It was our aunt's," Bill replied, "We used to come here as kids. The Order uses it now as a safe house. What's left of us at least."

It went silent, but thank god for Luna who jumped to a new topic almost immediately. She looked at the chimes again. "Muggles think these things keep evil away. But they're wrong."

Harry walked behind her. "I need to talk to the Goblin."

Hermione, Ron, and I glanced at each other. We all stood up. I took the blanket off my shoulders and folded it before putting it on the table. Bill brought us to the bedroom Griphook was staying in. We entered together, Bill closing the door behind him as he left.

"How are you?" Harry asked.

"Alive," he said flatly. There was a pause

"You probably don't remember that you —"

"That I showed you to your vault, the first time you came to Gringotts. Even amongst goblins, you are famous Harry Potter. "

Harry walked across the room to the window and peered outside.

"You buried the elf?" Griphook asked.

"Yes." Harry nodded.

"Brought me here,"

I couldn't tell whether he was feeling angry or annoyed.

"You are... very unusual, is it?"

They both stared at each other as though sizing each other up.

"How did you come by the sword?" the goblin asked.

Harry looked at the sword leaning against the wall. "It's complicated," he replied. "Why did Bellatrix Lestrange think that it should be in her vault at Gringotts?"

"It's complicated," Griphook countered, squinting his eyes.

"The sword presented itself to us, in a moment of need," Harry admitted to the goblin. "We didn't steal it."

"There is a sword in Madam Lestrange's vault identical to this one," Griphook revealed in return. "But it is a fake. It was placed there this past summer."

"And she never suspected it was a fake?"

"The replica is very convincing. Only a goblin would recognize that this is the true Sword of Gryffindor."

"Who is the acquaintance?" Hermione asked.

"A Hogwarts Professor. As I understand that he's now Headmaster." Griphook replied.

"Snape?" Ron asked. "He put a fake sword in Bellatrix's vault. Why?"

"There are more than a few curious things in the vaults at Gringotts."

"And in Madam Lestrange's vault as well?" I asked.

"Perhaps," he replied slowly.

"I need to get into Gringotts. Into one of the vaults," Harry said.

"It is impossible."

"Alone, yes," Harry agreed. "But with you, no."