Chapter Two - Light at the end of the tunnel

( Look at him! <3 )

"Melanie!" I heard Mal call from behind me but I reluctantly turned around to face her, slowly shaking my head

"Is it not clear that I don't want to speak to you?!" I snapped at her, raising my eyebrow at her apathy towards me and my decision to leave

"Come on Mel, do you really think that I want to go to that Preppy Princess school?" She retorted, snorting at me- acting as if I was the stupid one in this entire situation

"We all know that you're not the evil one in this family, so maybe you have a chance fitting in with the mundane royals. It's best if you go Mal, you don't wanna keep little mommy waiting do you now?" I snarled back as I scraped my shoes around on the dusty, cracked pavement eager to leave at any moment.

"So you're the evil one are you now?! Oh, really. Have you even seen yourself these days" Mal flared and started to walk towards me; gradually but sturdily as if she was trying to scare me

"Just leave, do you really wanna add insult to the injury even more?" I simply told her but as I went to walk away she grabbed onto my wrist and pulled me back. With a quick jerk, I could simply snap this bony, little joint and I was planning on until she pulled me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Neither of us is truly evil Mel, but with Mom's request from the trip to Auradon. Our time is almost here- when villains take over the world of royal roaches and Superior slugs" She mumbled into my shoulder which made me pull myself apart from her

"Wait? Mom's request?" I questioned, truly puzzled. What is it mom could want from Auradon that isn't Sleeping Beauty's rotting corpse at her feet?

"We have to get fairy godmother's magic wand" She whispered to me as she once more pulled me in closer to keep this secret, as secluded as she could.

So our mother was finally planning to do something with her pitiful 'retirement' and by that, she was planning to do something- she is getting Mal to do her dirty work for her. And they wonder why I hate my mother. Seeing as I wasn't a really 'forgiving' type, I decided to end my sisters little heart to heart and leave before I get to attached to her again just like when we were little.

I traveled a slight sprint towards a sturdy outbuilding which was opposite the castle before jumping and grasping onto the congregated metal, therefore, I could haul myself up and onto the roof of the building. It was always a lot safer to use the high routes when navigating around the isle if you were alone- people here a sincerely noxious and I don't have my cutlass on me.

With a final shift in my direction, I peered over to my older sister who plainly watching me. Smiling surely, I gave a small salute in her direction before darting across this first building and climbing up onto another- not turning back to see if the gesture was returned.

Maybe there is hope at the end of the tunnel? Maybe Mal and her crew could pull off this stunt and land us a place where all villains were allowed in Auradon, and not just be living there but to rule over the pure, weak citizens.

Not only was it much safer to travel by rooftop, but it was considerably more dangerous equalling a greater amount of fun, and it was much quicker than taking the small alleyways down to the docks or to trudge across the thick and muddy beach.

By the time that the four Vk's had officially crossed the barrier out of the isle and made their way in the limo to Auradon, I had arrived at the docks where Harry spends most of his time.

But when I got there, there was a considerable amount of grimy commoners, on looking about the limo which had just driven outwards of the isle on a glowing golden bridge.

"What in Hades name is going on here?!" A powerful, commanding voice boomed throughout the crowd which made all the commoners back away

"Uma! Someone just left the isle!" Harry called back as he held onto the ropes at the opposite side of his ship to get the closest view possible

"What?! That is impossible..." Uma responded and slid her cutlass into her belt, proceeding to climb the ropes towards Harry so that she could get a closer look as well.

I decided to announce my presence by swinging down onto one of the closer, rusting metal railings and drop to an even closer wooden fence, along the edge of the rickety dock which creaked emphatically under the force of my weight.

"Elle? I thought you were bound to your sister all day?" Harry questioned me as he made his way towards me and held out his hand to guide me down off the fence.

"Well, my sister and her group of losers have decided to have a small vacation to Auradon!" I exclaimed as I motioned towards the translucent, pure city contrast against the somber, dingy isle that is our home.

"What? How did they get there?" Harry questioned as he raised his hook in anger and I grabbed his arm to stop him from maiming a young villager who was still looking onwards at Auradon.

"Have you not heard the young kings new proclamation, Hooky?" I Spoke as I turned my head up at the thought of being forced to live amongst the innocent royals.

Harry turned to me and tilted his head slightly as if to tell me to carry on, also pulling his hook back down to head height so that I could let go of his arm.

"To give the children of some of the worlds worst villains a chance to live in Auradon" I revealed to everyone at the docks, turning to face the front of the pirate ship where Uma was retreating from. Her naturally calm demeanor- except when someone challenged her authority- slowly changed, her nostrils flaring and her eyes closing into slits like they could look straight through your soul; anger consuming her and unintelligible mumbles cascaded from her mouth as if she was releasing all her pent up anger from Mal; mainly from our childhood, and granting it permission to roam free.