Calm down (27)

NOTE: For a better reading, during the chapter listen to "Eyelashes" by Tory Kelly :)

-----

"Dammit, Lauren! Focus!" Dinah exclaimed angrily and got off me. "We've been trying to train for hours and it looks like you're not even here."

"Sorry... My head is far away."

"No shit?! I didn't even notice it." She said ironically and motioned for me to get up. "You're going to train on the exercise machines, and only then on the mat. Go on." I got up from the floor and we walked side by side to the exercise machines area.

It had been four days since I hadn't heard from Camila, she had stopped texting me or calling. And I did go to her apartment, of course, and saw through the window that she was there, she seemed to be arguing with someone, but I didn't stick around long enough to talk to her or see what would happen... I wanted to give her space to think, but at the same time I didn't want her unprotected and away from me.

When we woke up Monday morning, my back hurt like hell. We packed everything and we went to grab a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Several people had stared at us, confused, due to our gloomy state and the fact that our clothes were totally wrinkled. Afterwards, I dropped her off at home and then went to my apartment.

I probably scared her with my proposal, only that wasn't the intention, I just wanted her to say 'yes' so we could get away from everything and everyone, just the two of us.

"Laur, relax."

"I can't, Dinah. The idea of something happening to her or her ending what we have, terrifies me... I really like her." I sniffed, irritated.

"You scared her, what did you expect? Lauren, it hasn't even been two months since you two are together and you asked her to travel with you around the world. She at least thought you're a maniac." She said seriously, and I went back to lifting weight.

"It seemed like the right thing to do, especially when she said she really liked me. I just thought she wanted to spend as much time with me as I want to spend with her." I released the weight, getting up to switch machines.

"Send her flowers... I don't know, do something cute and talk to her, explain that you got ahead of yourself."

"But I didn't... Dinah, we don't have other options, they will want to kill her and I have to get her out of here, do you understand my situation? I don't want her to come out harmed from this, or worse, dead."

I walked out of there and went towards the locker-room to grab my phone. I saw that I didn't have any messages or calls. I called Mani and asked her for the number of a flower shop, and she kindly gave me one, and then I hung up. Then, I called the flower shop and asked for a bouquet of every rose color they had, which meant eight bouquets were sent to Camila's apartment, along with a card:

'I'd like to see you. I'm a bit over-the-top sometimes, I don't know if you've noticed... I hope you like the flowers. Please, call me. With love, Lauren.'

I went back to the exercise machines, and Dinah was waiting for me, shaking her head. I told her what I had done and she began laughing at my desperation, making me want to punch her for laughing at other people's misfortune.

I felt relieved after what I did, she'd have to call me after that... and if she didn't call, I'd consider that a 'no' to my travel proposition and the end of our relationship, which was now, in a certain way, real.

After an hour of training on the exercise machines, I was very sweaty. In the last fifteen minutes, Dinah had made me run like crazy on the treadmill. It was too damn hot, so I took off my shirt, staying only in my sports bra, leggings and tennis shoes. And finally, we went to the mat, and we saw Celine standing there somewhat awkwardly.