I'll protect you

Eun's diary

Unbelievable! I have married the most innocent woman on the planet! I think innocent is the most polite term, though I'd rather use the word foolish. You'll never believe what Soondeok said last night! She knows how animals mate! Isn't it obvious that she should know how human make babies then? I just don't get it! Come to think of it...how did I come to know about it? It's not that hard...growing up in the palace with lots of hyungs who generously shares their stories with us...but Soondeok...growing up in the camp...her father must've been real strict with her. How will I be able to do anything with her on our 2nd anniversary? What if...the moment I kiss her and take off her clothes she starts asking why this and why that? Gosh! This is a real headache...should I just tell her to read father's red book? Self study? By the way...where did I put that book again? It should come in handy soon...Man! Why am I writing about this? If Soondeok comes in now, she may think my face's bleeding or something!

Ew...speaking of blood, her niece was born last night - I wouldn't admit it...but heck I'm scared of blood! The moment I saw Soondeok stepping out with the baby, sure I was happy, but man was I scared! She's got blood all over her! Her face, her hands, her dress...everywhere! I should be thankful she took a nice long bath before she slept. I made a promise I'll be with her when her time comes...but like what she said, maybe I'll faint the moment I step into the room. Who knows?

I'll need to return home today, lots of home matters to deal with, servant's salary...and such. Mother really is too much...how can she leave everything to my care and just go on a holiday? I know I'm head of the family now...but still, it'd be nice if she's around to teach me...I miss her.

--------------------------------------

(Soondeok comes back from seeing her Onni and niece)

'Oh? Back?'

'Yes, I'm back. Oh my gosh, Oppa! Our niece is just so cute!! She smiled at me today!'

(Eun stands up and walks to Soondeok)

'Oppa, what's wrong?'

'Soondeok ah, I need to go back to my house to take care of some...business today.'

'Uh, really? Go ahead! You'll be back tonight, right?'

'Deok ah...I think it's time we move back, don't you?'

'I...I want to too, Oppa...it's just that, Onni just had her baby, and the boys will be back today.'

'You can stay here a while and help them settle and all...but you can come back to sleep, right? Please?'

(An idea hits Soondeok)

'Then...Oppa, what say I stay here till night time then I return home to sleep?'

'Really?'

'Sure! Maybe at around...11pm? How's that?'

'That's too late, you said so yourself, it's dangerous for a girl to travel around that late at night.'

'Well...I'm confident in myself now, Oppa.'

'And what should I do? Wait all night till you return? I'll just wait for you, sitting on our bed till I turn into a rock? No way!'

'You'll find something to do...Oppa, I miss bathing at our house. What say you prepare a bath for me? Then when I return I can take a nice warm bath before retiring to our room and sleep?'