Needy | Chapter 25

The night stayed pretty hostile. I kept hoping for the feeling to pass even though I knew it was a useless thought. Ricky and Devin were both watching Daddy's every move like a hawk and they just seemed to be waiting for him to mess up. Maybe it would make them feel better for going off on him they way they did before. It was the one way to justify their actions from before. Or maybe I'm just overthinking this and there was no real reason for how they were watching him, maybe it was just out of their goal to protect me. I guess I'll never know because I would rather not bring this up to them anytime soon. I just want this all to go away. 

After dinner Daddy helped Ricky clean up and put everything away. I sat out in the living room with Devin, hoping that the time they were spending alone would help mend things with them. They were long time friends before our relationship came into the picture and I wanted them to stay that way. When they were done and Daddy came out to see me I could tell they had talked things through by how they seemed a little bit more relaxed with each other. It was no where close to how they used to be but close enough considering all that had gone on. 

Devin wasn't any happier with Daddy's presence still being around but I didn't expect him to be. He was more stubborn then Ricky was and he probably would stay angry with him for a while longer. I understood why he felt that way but I wished he would see things from my point of view. I just hope this all passes soon. I want the important people in my life to get along and I know deep down he feels that way too. I think that was part of the reason he accepted me into his and Ricky's life even when he didn't want me here. He wanted the most important person in his life to be happy and since he cared for me Devin found a way to follow him.

I felt Daddy shifted with me still in his arms. After he had come out of the kitchen we had curled up on the couch and watch some random movie that looked somewhat interesting. I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to find out if that was true or not. Devin and Ricky stuck around, watching it with us. Falling asleep was probably the best option for me. This was I could pretend that things were the way the always were with all of us. 

Daddy lifted me up in his arms as he stood up. He said a quick goodnight to both Ricky and Devin, letting them know he was going to put me to bed before leaving. Their goodbyes to him were brief but it seemed about right with what had gone on. 

I felt myself being carried up the stairs and I buried my face into the crock of Daddy's neck, feeling myself start to fall asleep in his arm, feeling so safe and secure there. He brought me into my room and tried to lay me down on my bed but I clung onto him, letting on tiny whimpers. I didn't want him to go yet, I wanted to stay in his arms where I felt the most comfortable. It didn't help that I was half asleep right now and that just made me more whiny then I normally come be. 

I felt him start to try to pry my hands off of him in a gently matter and once he had succeed with that he placed me down on my bed. My eyes shot open and I reached up at him, grabbing onto his arm as he tried to walk away. He turned and looked at me, giving me a soft smile. He crouched down to be at my level, running his fingers through my hair. "I was just going to get you some pajamas baby. Is that okay if I do that for you?" He asked me in a gentle tone that matched his facial expression. 

I nodded my head as a pout formed on my face. "Yew cans do thats few me buts yews needs tew comes backs." I told him as my eyes started to watered. The events of today and being tired had caused me to be over sensitive to everything and the thought of him leaving seemed like it was about to be enough to push me over the edge right now.

Chris let out a sigh, giving me a sad smile. He kissed the top of my head before standing up again, making his way over to my closet to grab me my clothes. He grabbed a pair of black sweatpants and a long sleeve blue shirt. He set them on the bed next to me and waited for me to move. 

I let out tiny whines, reaching my arms up at him. I felt my eyes turning watery and my lips formed into a pout. "Cans yews pwease helps mews gets dwessed Daddy?" I asked him in a soft, whiny voice. There was no way he could turn down my question when I looked like this. Daddy had a soft spot for it even if he didn't want to admit it. 

Daddy nodded his head, helping me up. "Okay I'll help you baby but your going to have to be a big boy for me tomorrow and get ready for bed on your own." 

I nodded my head at him, letting him know I understood him. That statement from him left me with a bunch of questions but I'll wait till after he helps me to ask them. Daddy helped me get out of the clothes I was wearing before putting me into my pajamas. He picked me up in his arms again and laid me back down on my bed. 

He bent down, kissing the top of my head, making me giggle. "Goodnight baby boy. I have to leave now but I'll be back soon and I promise we'll go out somewhere nice soon." He told me and I shock my head, feeling myself start to cry. 

I grabbed his arm, holding it under my head, shaking my head at him. I let out whimpers, moving myself closer to him. "No Dada doesn't go. Yews stays tew nights wiff me." 

Chris sighed, using the hand I wasn't holding down to running his fingers gently over the tops of my cheeks. "I have work tomorrow baby. I have to go home tonight. I wish I could stay." 

I kissed the hand I was holding as I starred up at him with big, pleading eyes. "Yews cans goes homes eawly buts stays wif mes wells I sweeps. Pwease Daddy I's don'ts wants yews to go yets."

He moved to lay down next to me, moving me over as he did so and I released his hand, resting my head down on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. "I'll stay for the night but I have to go home really early tomorrow and I don't want any arguing from you or this won't happen again. Do you understand me little boy?" He asked me, his voice turning stern at the end.

I nodded my head quickly, not wanting to ruin what I had just been given. "I understands Daddy. I's wills lets yew goes wif no fights tomorrow." I told him even though I knew I would end up getting whiny when he tried to leave me. I guess I'm going to have to hold that back when it happens because I don't want this to be the last time Daddy stayed with me on nights when he actually needs to go into work. 

Sleeping next to Daddy made it easier for me to sleep and I need him around as often as possible. Maybe if I'm really good for him in the morning it will happen more often. I hope that is the outcome of all of this.