Comfortable

After being literally dragged into Peter's room, which seemed to be on the opposite side of the tower, my legs were praying for me to sit down. Peter kindly opened the door for me, after unlocking it. I smiled as thanks and peeked into the room, a quiet gasp escaped my lips. In front of me, was a huge bed, practically calling my tired legs, so I did what any normal human being would do, which is of course belly-flopping on the bed.

A chuckle filled my ears, so I looked around to see the awkward teenager laughing at my strange but completely mandatory behavior. Tony was nowhere to be seen.

"This is your room?" I questioned in awe, getting up and waltzing around, trying to take every detail in. He nodded and a smile appeared on his lips.

"How old are you by the way? This is going to be weird if your like way younger – or older or something." He said, crossing his arms over his chest and attempting to play it cool. His awkwardness appeared in his speech and giggled before answering.

"Yeah, it would be. I'm 16. What about you?" I replied and ran my hands along the smooth bed sheets, sitting down politely on the bed, crossing one leg over the other and placing my hands in my lap. I looked up at him and finally got a real glance of his appearance.

His brown hair curled at the ends, his muscly arms were showing through the t-shirt he wore, the hoodie he was wearing on the roof was placed neatly on a hook next to the door, along with the keys to unlock it, which were placed in a bowl that sat on a small table underneath the hooks. His brown eyes peered into mine, rays of the sun bouncing off them, they had small twists of caramel in them. The little moles across his face added to his appearance, and his awkwardness suited him well. Overall, I must admit, he was pretty cute. "I'm 17, and also very glad there isn't much of an age difference between us." He laughed, as he did so he tipped his head back slightly, leaning against the door frame. "Mr. Stark wanted me to tell you that training will start tomorrow, each person has a partner and as we're the newest, we got put together. I hope you don't mind." He said, stuttering at the end and looking down at his feet.

"Of course I don't mind. Thank you for letting me stay here." I smiled, and my stomach gurgled as he looked up, making me blush.

"Hungry?" He asked sarcastically, I nodded heavily, and attempted to get up, but my legs were begging me to stay on the bed. I don't know why but exhaustion has been creeping up on me massively recently. However, I started to walk towards him. When I reached him, as cheesy and cringy as it sounds, my legs gave way. He quickly wrapped his arm around my waist, making sure I didn't fall. "Are you okay?" He asked as I tried to get back on my feet with as much stability as possible, my legs just wouldn't work. His grip tightened automatically, creating a redness on both of our faces. "Okay, I think you might be dehydrated or something when was the last time you ate something? Or at least had a drink?" He asked, his voice soft.

"Erm, I'm not sure," I answered honestly. I must have eaten recently, otherwise, I wouldn't be alive; but when training for the ceremony that was meant to be today, I skipped meal times to practice and perfect my skills and routine. "I had a drink about... two days ago, maybe. And I ate around 3 or 4 days ago." I said, looking down at the floor, slightly ashamed of the lack of nutrients I have received.

"Well, you can't even stand." He stated, well what are we meant to do then? I guess I would have to stay here while he got food or something. Without a second of thought, I was quickly picked up, and I gasped in surprise. His hands were wrapped around me, one on my lower back and the other under the back of my knees.

"Wh-what are you doing?" I stuttered, looking up at him. The blush on both of our faces was still ridiculously prominent.

"Would you rather die of dehydration?" He smirked, I rolled my eyes as he took me towards the kitchen. I sighed as I rest my head on his chest, my eyes drooping in a clear need of sleep. "It's okay Belle, you can shut your eyes." He reassured me, a soft voice filled my ears, his voice relaxed me as he said my name. I finally left comfortable and allowed myself to shut my eyes.

Comfortable. Something I've never felt before.

(Rewritten on the 30th of October, 2017)