Symphonies

You were an incredibly skilled pianist, you could play almost anything on the piano. You were the one in HQ that filed reports them went off to your floor to play piano for the rest of the day. Although he didn't say it, L was very interested in your skill and often watched over the cameras, trying to figure out what songs you were playing. Today when you went down to your piano you decided to be simple and play a soundtrack known as 'in the rain'. The song had the strong symbolism of Love, when the two characters finally realised how much they loved each other as it poured down with rain, it was quiet beautiful really.

And that's kind of what happened today.

The rain hit your window as you put your hands on the keys and began to press down on them, making the tune ring through the air. Meanwhile L was standing out on a balcony, he enjoyed watching the rain fall, even if it meant getting soaked.

The peaceful tune of your piano playing rang through the hair, down the halls of you took due to your half-open door. The wind that came in through the open windows carried the song down the halls and to the balcony where L was leaning against the railing. He noticed the beautiful music and smiled to himself, admiring your talent.

After repeating the song a few times, you stopped to get a drink, noticing the cold breeze in the hall, you looked toward the open door to the balcony and noticed L, soaking wet in the rain as he just gazed up at the sky. You grabbed a black umbrella from your room and pulled a coat on, protecting yourself from the cold wind. You walked up behind L and held the umbrella over him, the sudden shadow over his head made him turn to look at you.

"Hey" you said.

"Hello"

"Why are you out here? It's freezing"

"I like the rain" was all he replied with.

"You'll catch a cold"

"I can handle a little cold"

There was a moment silence.

"You're very talented" L said.

"Huh?"

"Your piano playing, its outstanding"

"Oh... thanks" you replied.

"I believe that song was called 'in the rain"

"Yeah, kind of fitting actually"

"Yeah, I guess so" he smiled.

His smile melted your heart like ice cream on a hot summers day.

That famous scene replaying, your eyes locked and you both felt a sudden ray of warmth. The world seemed to get brighter, it wasn't sunny, but the colours of the world around you seemed to be pained before you as you started at each other. Like when you make a drop of water colour paint and it spreads across the page.

Your grip on the umbrella got loose and a sudden gust of wind pulled it from your hand, blowing it to get stuck on the side of the building. You were now getting soaked, rain being poured onto your head.

"You'll catch a cold" L said.

"So will you" you replied.

"Come on"

L grabbed your hand, and that same piano tune began to play in your head, both of you freezing in your spots. The world seemed to go in slow motion.

This was the moment when you both realised how much you loved each other. So much that a smile could colour the darkest days. A touch could make symphonies play in your head.

After what seemed like an eternity of staring into each others eyes, you found yourself leaning in, your lips inches apart. So there you were, soaking wet, in the cold rain and in a state of shock as your lips met his. The kiss was warm, passionate but not rough. It was gentle, like being caressed by feathers, it made you feel light, airy, bubbly.

The kiss broke due to lack of air, and you both started into each others eyes with a smile, the world around you seemed to be more colourful.

"Come on... we'll catch a cold..."

You smiled and nodded, walking back inside, hand in hand with L. The piano music still playing in your head, making this the most perfect moment ever.