I play with a strand of my freshly curled hair. I really don't want to get hurt. I really have to get out of here soon because I don't feel safe. I look down at my outfit, my ivory short-sleeve dress, my small black bag and the bag’s chain hanging on my right shoulder. But hey I still look good; the dress hugs my good sides... but at the moment I don't think It'll help.

I look at my drink once again. Now, that I thought about it I don't even know why I got my drink it was expensive: $5:50 for a small drink. It had taken all my courage to ask for it from the bartender.  I knew he wouldn’t give me anything with liquor and it was not as if I was going to ask for any. Besides, if he felt like I should have left why hadn’t anyone asked me to leave or asked my age. Then again maybe they knew it was fine for me to be here, I was going to be 18 soon. I look at the front of the bar; the bartender must have changed shifts, because now it is a pretty woman with blue eyes, red curls and creamy skin. I hope she'll help me if I ask her for Wi-Fi. That way I can find the nearest gas station and leave when my mother calls.

*^*********^*********^**********^********^*

"Well whose little red car is that?" Justin asks with a smirk. I look at the end of the parking lot; it's a little two passenger red Mercedes convertible. I know mostly what every car around here looks like and I’m pretty sure some poor individual was lost.

Bad luck she is at what is known as a wolf bar, this one was called Silver Moon. This bar was special, although it looked like a regular bar and restaurant you had to be at least 17 to enter. Of course mostly everyone were lycan’s so it was easy to detect when someone wasn’t as well as if they are least of age. Silver moon was meant as a place to let loose, but most importantly, a place to claim someone for the night; it was a bar after all. I smirk slightly, she's lost and she will not be leaving tonight without permission from the guys that hope to claim her.  I just hope she does not have too much attention on her.

"I bet it's an independent, strong and confident girl... I can read that from the car alone." Crystal whispered. I pulled an arm around her and kissed her cheek, I plan on making her my mate later just not now. I was the type that liked to be free, have fun and maybe break a few hearts.

Crystal, however, was different. She is what my parents want as my life partner. I do too, but we both knew that that would have to wait. We are together but at the same time we are not. We are very good friends just waiting at the border for each other. She can have fun with whoever she wishes to, although it annoys me, but then again so can I. At the next silver moon, we decided to forget and set aside this temporary “hall pass” and make it official. In a way, she is my betrothed. If that is so, why do we have such a complicated relationship? 

We are not mates.

It is natural to sleep with whoever we wanted, we are lycans and the urge to mate is strong. What makes it difficult is that because we are not mates our wolf spirits want to find who is. At times our senses and our wolf spirits want someone, maybe just for the night, and we thought it was fine to test it out. When this happens, it is as if maybe that individual could be our mates. Our wolf spirits do not say it’s our mates, but it is a powerful pull to whatever individual our wolf wants. Crystal is a powerful female, a purebred, and if her wolf wanted it, I do nothing but glare and allow it and she does the same.

 To put it simply, it was for our mates. I would not keep her from her mate and she would not keep me from mine. Unless of course we rejected out mates, and that only happened with extreme situations. Usually because of pack history or because someone had done what Crystal and I plan to do and that is a new ball park. However, finding your mate was something rare and it was as if you have to be with them.