four.

It was a week later when it happened. 

The snow was falling softly onto the ground, adding more and more onto what was already building up on the ground, Louis was pretending he didn't see Luca forming a snowball in his hands as he scooped up some of the snow in his own gloved covered hand when Luca looked down for a moment, Louis didn't even form into a ball shape before launching it at Luca and letting out a laugh, proceeding to dodge the snowball Luca had tried to discretely create. Louis went to say something but closed his mouth when he heard his father calling him inside, he heard Luca let out a small whine at that, wanting to stay outside but knowing he wasn't allowed to be outside by himself. 

Once both boys were inside and had taken off their coats and such Louis went into the living room, where his father had told him to go, whilst Luca went into the kitchen to get something to warm him up, most likely hot chocolate, Louis sat on the sofa next to his dad. Louis took note that he didn't look mad so he relaxed slightly, "yes?" 

"Son, you're going off to uni in a few months, am I correct?" Louis nodded slowly, he had already  been accepted into a university in London not too far from the house so he had already decided he wouldn't be staying in a dorm, something his mum was happy about. Louis wasn't sure exactly why his father was brining university up so early but he listened anyways. 

"You remember Mr.Styles, don't you?" Louis almost rolled his eyes, because the question was stupid, he had just met the man last week it wasn't like he had a memory problem, however he didn't want his dad to get mad so he nodded once again.

"Well, since he bought our company he's moved some of his workers over to our company to make sure things are running smoothly and they way he would like," Louis' father paused for a moment and Louis thought for a moment that maybe that meant that his father had been fired or something but that didn't make too much sense for him to be telling Louis alone so he waited for his father to carry on, "and one of those people happened to be his assistant, who is now my boss' assistant, and so that means Mr.Styles is in need of an assistant, and so he would like to offer you a paid internship as his assistant." Louis raised his eyebrow, slightly surprised at what came out of his father's mouth. 

"Why me?" 

"Well, he's already met you and it saves him the time of trying to find another one." His father replied, and well it wasn't like he could say no, he did need money, and he wasn't sure if his dad would even let him say no considering this would probably impact his job as well if he said no, he knew his father loved his jobs and although Louis had only seen his father interact with Harry for one night he could tell his father was slightly afraid of the man, and Louis didn't blame him because Harry didn't seem like the most soft person in the world. 

"Lous?" 

"Yes dad?" 

"I hope you know that you have to say yes." 

"Yeah, I know."