Chapter 3

I run the rest of my given distance then jog into the gym.

"You need something?" A voice asks and I jump. Behind me was a old man with a mop staring at me curiously.

"Oh- uh no sorry." I apologize at the muddy tracks I led in and he shrugs before continuing to whistle and mop.

I turn around and make my way to the girls locker room.

"I'm so stupid." I mutter sliding down by myself against the door.

I wipe me tears and sigh. Am I the only girl who crys over something so meaningless a guy says?

I close my eyes, but they instantly snap open when the door pushes open behind me.

"Dang girl, you sure can run." Christina gasps squeezing in the doorway.

"What do you want?" I snapped and instantly regretting it, then broke down crying again.

"Hey, it's okay somtimes guys forget how sensitive we are." She whispered comforting me.

"I am just over reacting over stupid comment." I chuckle unhumorously.

"Tris, it's totally fine." She reassure and I hug her.

"I just met you and your already like my best friend." I mumble and she smiles.

"I'm am your best friend." She says then pulls me up.

"Okay, I'm going to go change. The bells about to ring." I tell her and she nods.

I change back into my clothes and am ready just as the bell rings. Christina and I walk to my locker to get some book and I jump when a hand is placed on my shoulder.

"Four." I greet bluntly turning around and he sighs.

"Tris, you know I didn't mean what I said back there." He says guilty.

"Yep." I state bored.

"Don't be like that."

"Like what?" I ask raising my eyebrows.

"Don't act like what I said didn't hurt you. I know it did and I'm sorry, I do honestly think you are beautiful."

"Four.. I... thanks." I give him a small smile and turn to walk away, but he grabs my arm.

"No, that's not all."

"What?"

"Will you go to the fall dance with me?" He asks hopefully.

"Sorry.. I don't really want to go." I shrug. Honestly, I would rather not go to a place where you have to dress up and be perfect. That's not me.

"Then maybe this will change your mind." I furrow my eyebrows and go to reply, but my mouth is instantly covered by his.