Sick Day

Hey guys, this chapter's split up a bit. Sorry 'bout that. Hope you enjoy.

-M

"Hikaru, Kaoru, where's your brother, Kohaku? Go find him now. Daddy's worried."

It was the end of the party, and Tamaki was still sulking about the...kissing incident, but not enough to refrain from giving orders.

"Yes boss," we replied. Geez, we don't even know where he is!

After searching the ballroom, they went outside. While looking around the trees, we sighed and stopped under a tree.

"Now what?" We asked each other.

"Look out below!" a voice yelled, and something...someone jumped from the tree above us.

*************Kohaku****************

The twins were looking for me, but I'm not going to just go down there and make things easy. That would be too boring.

At that precise moment, they stopped underneath the tree I was sitting in. Perfect.

"Now what?" they asked each other.

I stifled a laugh. Then I jumped off the branch.

"Look out below!" I shouted.

Then I crashed, tackling them in the process.

"What," Hikaru shouted.

"The," Kaoru said.

"BEEP!" I finished for them, cutting off whatever they were going to say. Before they could get up and catch me, I bounced back onto my feet and sprinted out of there and into the ballroom.

I was greeted by Tamaki diving towards me, trying to get a hug, but I sidestepped him. He flew by.

"Daddy was worried! How could you just give me the cold shoulder!" Tamaki said, tears flowing out of his eyes.

"Oh, sorry Tamaki, but I don't need a dad. I'm going home now." I said bluntly, sending Tamaki off into his depression corner.

The twins, who had finally managed to come after me, burst through the door.

I smirked at them and said, "Bye guys," to everyone. Then, I ran off before they could get near me.

Kohaku-2

Host Club-2
___________________________

I didn't hear my alarm clock. Don't ask, somehow, it happened.

For once in my life, I'm late for school.

As I ran to the school I was late for, I felt slightly strange. It was a detached, lightheaded feeling that was making it hard for me to think. It also seems like running to school got harder too.

After what seemed like forever, I finally reached the classroom. I opened the door and bowed to the teacher, but that just made the room spin. I must not have gotten enough sleep. I murmured an apology.

"Are you okay, Mr. Kudo? Your face is slightly red." The teacher said. I mumbled something else and went to my desk.

Later on, worksheets were passed out, but the words seemed to swim and rearrange themselves. What the...

Time ticked by slowly, until finally the school day ended.

Two masses of ginger hair came into view.

"You've been awfully spacey today," Hikaru observed.

"And you didn't do any work," Kaoru stated.

"Is something wrong? We can talk about it in the club room." They told me, but I only managed to catch half of what they were saying. Have they always talked so quickly?

Hikaru grabbed one of my arms, and Kaoru grabbed the other. I wanted to pull away, but I couldn't muster the strength.

They pulled me onto my feet, but my legs gave out from under me.

"Ugh..." I groaned. God, it feels like my heads going to split. I curled up on the floor, bringing my knees to my head.

I heard one of the twins yelling something, but I couldn't hear him.

I slipped into a comforting, still sleep.

___________________________

The first thing I heard was the voices.

No, I am not going crazy.

No, I did not die.

No, I do not want to be bothered when I'm asleep.

Yes, a rule to not bother me while I'm asleep has been set down for the safety of humanity.

So I threw a pillow at the violator, keeping my eyes closed, and it hit the violator with a satisfying thud.

Great, now I'm awake.

I open my eyes slowly, squinting against the harsh light.

"Hello Mr. Kohaku." A nurse greeted me pleasantly. "I'll call your friends in."

Friends? Oh god, she couldn't mean... If so that would mean...

Tamaki was the first one in, then the rest of the host club followed him.

"Kohaku, how can you neglect your own health?"

I snorted, "I've never been sick before. You guys are overreacting." My voice was slightly raspy.

"Excuse me, but could one of you take Mr. Kohaku home? He's not well enough to continue the school day." A nurse asked. Well, I'm not skipping out on a chance to ditch school.

"Would you like me to?" Tamaki asked.

"Nope, to obnoxious." I stated bluntly, sending him into his rejection corner.

"Then what about Mommy?"

"...No thanks." What I really wanted to say was that he was a creeper, but with the position I'm in now, it seems like a bad idea to make an enemy out of Kyoya.

"We'll take-"

"Kohaku home-"

"We don't want to ignore-"

"No way, you two will just bother me." I interrupted the twins.

"What about me, Haku-chan?"

"No, it's okay Honey-sempai."

"Me?" My head whipped towards the unexpected, deep voice. Did Mori just offer to take me home?

I thought for a moment, but I couldn't come up with anything to refuse him with. He wasn't overbearing or annoying, like everyone else. I can't refuse without a reason...

"Okay then, Mori, take Kohaku home!" Tamaki ordered, before I could think of a reason. Shoot.

When we got in the limo, he didn't say anything or ask any questions, which I was thankful for. We sat in a companionable silence. I think out of the hosts, Mori's the most normal and tolerable.

"Thanks." I said out of the corner of my mouth. I dislike saying stuff like this, it makes me uncomfortable.

I looked up, and could have sworn Mori's lips were turned up in a smile. Just as I thought that, everything was back to normal.

"No problem." he answered.