Chapter Two

Just a little heads up, we both have very different writing styles so I apologize if they look so different XD.

-Frank-

"Sir...?" I murmur, my voice weak and small. The women that just left slammed into me as she walked out and I don't really think she meant the small "Sorry" she snarled at me as she left. I step forward, entering the classroom a little more, and look at the shaggy red haired teacher.

      Mr Way's mouth opens slightly. "Frank...You weren't supposed to see that. How much did you see?" He asks, standing and placing his hand on the desk.

      "Um...I think most of it." I answer, looking down.

      He sighs. "I'm sorry you had to see that. That was my ex...Thalia. She's kind of insane and spends a lot of her time gambling and wasting her money on shit she doesn't need." He says, rounding his desk slowly.

      I nod. "It's fine. I won't tell."

     He purses his lips. "What did you need?"

     I clear my throat. "Um...The secretary said that I was to spend the rest of the day in here. I kind got kicked out of the office."

      "Oh...Alright. Well...I have a class next period so...you'll have to sit at the back and do whatever you need to do. After that, I'm spending a little time after school cleaning the art room. Wanna help?" He asks, raising his eyebrows hopefully.

       "Sure, why not?" I shrug, heading to the back and setting my bag on the chair pushed out from underneath the table. I sit at the table and fold my hands, leaning back.

       The door bursts open and Jensen enters, his white blonde hair is messed up and he looks like he's been running for hours. He runs past Mr Way and over to me. "Dude, you have no idea what the hell just happened to me! Why didn't you answer my texts!?" He asks, giving me a look of confusion. 

       "Fuck off Jensen." I growl.

      "Wow...What crawled into your boxers?" Jensen asks, crossing his arms.

      "Well...considering you got me in trouble for a fight I wasn't even planning on getting involved in, I would say a best friend who doesn't really care about me." I say, giving him a look and clasping my hands on the desk.

     "I care about you." He says.

     I narrow my eyes . "Really? Because no matter what happens, you always ditch me at the last minute when things go wrong." I say, turning my attention to my bag so I can get my homework out.

      He sniffs slightly, his allergies acting up. "I don't mean to..."

    "Bullshit." I hiss.

    He leans over the desk and looks me in the eyes. "C'mon, Frankie. You know I don't mean to be such a dick. It just...happens."

     I sigh. "What happened to you?"

    "Right! So I was walking down the hall and this smoking hot guy stopped me and asked if I wanted to come to a party on Friday night. I said sure, I mean this guy was sexy as hell, and he said I could invite a friend. Wanna come?" He asks.

     "No." I answer quickly.

    "Why not?" He asks.

    "Because parties aren't exactly my scene." I say, flipping to a page in my math text book and tapping my pencil on my binder.

     Jensen rolls his eyes. "Pleeeaaassse!?" He begs.

     I look up at him. "Are you going to keep bugging me if I don't go?"

     "Probably." He says, nodding.

     "Fine," I nod, giving up. "I'll go."

     "Goody! See you later!" He skips out of the room.

     I pinch my node bridge and lean forward, rubbing my face roughly. "I swear to god..."

    Mr. Way walks over to me and leans on the table with one hand. "What was that all about?" He asks, raising his eyebrows and running a hand through his hair.

     "Uh...Nothing." I say, shaking my head.

     "Alright. Get some work done." He says, messing up my hair and walking away.

    I work on homework for the next period, watching the other students work on art. After class, I call my dad and tell him I'm staying after school for a bit. I sit on the table and watch Mr. Way putter arund before sliding off of it. "Um...Sir?" I say.

     "Yeah?" He says, setting the bottle of paint he was carrying on his desk.

    "Can I help in some way?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

    "Yeah! Can you organize the brushes over there by size?" He says, nodding at a pile of brushes sitting on the table nearest to the door.

     I nod and walk over to the table. I start sorting the brushes into different containers, making sure they sit with the bristles sticking up. I glance over at Mr. Way and see him watching me, a blank expression on his face. I arch an eyebrow. "Sir? What are you looking at?" I ask, dropping a giant brush into its container.

     "Nothing. Hey...Frank?" He says.

     "Yeah?" I mumble.

     "Do you still want to draw me?" He asks.

     I shrug and nod. "Sure."

     "Alright. Do you want to work on that now?" He asks.

     "Yeah." I finish sorting and grab my sketch book and pencils. He sits on a stool and does the same pose as earlier, his eyes trained on something in the distance instead of my hands this time. By the time I get a call from my dad telling me to come home, I've already draw his hair and face and shoulders. I just need to draw his facial features and it'll be done. Right now, he looks like a stylish Slenderman.

      I chuckle to myself.

     "What?" He asks as he grabs his bag and slings it over his shoulder.

     "Nothing..." I shake my head and pack my stuff up, following him out of the room.

     We walk to the parking lot and he leans on the driver's seat door. "Hey...do you need a ride home?" He asks.

      I shake my head again. "No. I can walk. It's not that far away."

     "Are you sure?" He glances up at the sky. "I think it's gonna rain."

      I smile slightly. "It's fine."

     "Alright," He nods. "See you tomorrow Frank."

    I wave at him and start walking home. As I walk, I start practicing my fingering on my guitar, humming a tune I don't remember. When I get home, I pull the screen door open and push the inside door. I enter the house and slide my shoes off. "I'm home!" I call out.

      "How was school?" My dad asks, peeking around the corner of his music room.

      "Interesting," I smirk. "We have a new teacher."