03

Riley’s POV

                “They were disappointed, but told me I’m going to have to go back and try again.” I frowned at the memory of dinner last night. I told my parents that I went, but couldn’t get anything, which was entirely true.  I almost got something, but obviously didn’t because of that little accident.

                “Ouch, that sucks,” Kody said disinterestedly, as we strolled towards the cafeteria.

                “Mhmm,” Marcy agreed, her eyes scanning the book page in front of her. I sighed.

                “You guys are right, this is getting old,” I admitted, “I’ll stop talking about---“

                As I was speaking, I found myself yet again bumping into someone, causing them to drop their books and binders to the floor.

                “Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry,” I apologized, immediately bending down to gather the fallen items. I handed them back to the person, and my eyes widened when they landed on his features.

                “You are really clumsy, aren’t you?” Ryan asked, grabbing his stuff from my hands.

                “Err.. no, not really, it’s just that uh..” I stammered out, a blush rising to my cheeks.  To my surprise, the slight surprise and annoyance turned into cockiness and a smirk.

                “So you can’t get enough of me, huh?” He added a wink and I forced myself not to gag.

                “Sure whatever you say,” I muttered, pushing past him. “Look I have to get to lunch.” I basically started to speed-walk away from him, when his voice made my step falter.

                “Okay, but try not to get your liquids on anybody else!” he called to my retreating back.  Another round of a deep blush settled on me, and I was sure my ears must’ve been bright red. Kody was unsuccessfully trying to stifle her laughter, but bouts of giggles managed to worm their way out of her every now and then.

                Even Marcy had a hard time not laughing, the book covering her face as her shoulders shook slightly.

                I shoved them both lightly, “Shut up,” I murmured as we entered the cafeteria.

                “Sorry,” Kody responded, “But you have to admit, it was pretty clever.” She grinned at me, and I pouted, sticking my tongue out at her.

                “Whatever.”

                We sat down at our usual table, basically secluded from the rest of the cafeteria in a little corner. I pulled out my brown paper bag lunch, opening it up to reveal a sandwich.

                I bit into it, savoring the distinct taste of ham and cheese. We ate in silence for a bit, each of us concentrating on our own food.

                Finally, I broke the silence. “Does anyone want to go to Peaches with me this afternoon?” I said hesitantly.        

                Both Kody and Marcy let out simultaneous groans.

                “I thought you said you’d stop talking about this!” Kody accused, and I shrugged.

                “Sorry, I have dance right after school.” Marcy once again buried her head into her book after she finished speaking.

                I turned to Kody, pouting slightly whilst giving her the dreaded ‘puppy dog eyes’. Her hand flew up in front of her eyes. “Riley!” she whined, “I hate it when you do that! I have to work today, remember?”

                I sighed. “Fine, I’ll go alone.”

                The rest of lunch consisted of me pushing  my sandwich around the table, glumly thinking of what might happen this afternoon.

                I hated doing things alone, it made me feel so awkward.

                Then again, I will be facing college alone, so I guess this would be a good start?

 *

                “OTP we’re my O T P, baby you and me, we’d be so sexy oh,” I sang quietly as I walked towards Peaches.

                The wind gently played with strands of my hair as my feet shuffled on the sidewalk. Hand buried in pockets, I casually strode towards the diner, feeling excited when it came into view.

                I couldn’t be bothered with exercise; the one mile it took to get here was enough exercise for a month.

                Making my way closer, I watched as a little boy kicked his soccer ball around. Then, amazed, I watched him bounce it on his knee, up to his head, then back to the ground. He was maybe five years old at the most.

                Then, in horror, I watched as he miscalculated a kick, and the ball rolled right into the street.

                With him chasing after it, a car speeding down the street, right towards him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N From this point on I can tell this will be laugh-out-loud - able terrible XD This is going to be such horrendously written, it might actually be funny how bad it is. That's why this chapter is so short, starting now the story shall be different. A lot different, cause this story isn't serious at all. I'm just going to bullsheep my way through Camp NaNoWriMo and the only objective is to get to 50k words :D Not to have a good book that I'm proud of, nope not at all. 

You can blame my sleep-deprived, sickness filled mind for that. 

Yes, I still feel like complete and utter sheep, which results in extra weirdness. I'm sorry for whatever traumatization I may cause. 

Dedicated to TheElegantElephant because she amazin' :p Nuff said. And she's amazing at writing too, better than I'll ever be XD So GO! Check out her stufffff! (her profile in the external link)