Kiss.

A/N: I saw this video go up, and sadly it inspired me to do their breakup so they could do this video. I'm pretty sure it was actually produced by the BFNY office, but oh well. Hope you guys like it! 

It had been about three months since Eugene and I broke up. We told friends, and it eventually traveled around the office, but we didn't post about it on social media. After about two or three weeks not posting together, fans started to speculate that we broke up. Every now and then, there'd be a group photo of the two of us together, and it would raise questions, but we both decided not to comment.

Things were starting to calm down, but we still did our own things. After the first week, we fell into a comfortable situation of being okay being around each other. My heart still hurt when I saw him though, and I'd glance up every now and then and catch him looking at me.

His late night office hours were fewer and further between, though when he did, we'd Snapchat a few times to keep him company. For the most part, we were still really good friends. 

Ned and Chantel had really been there for me for the first few weeks. I cried more than I thought I would, especially since it had been my idea. Weekends were the hardest, wanting to go see him, curl up and watch anime, eat food and make out. But it was for the better. I got work done without added stress, and he seemed to be getting more sleep (or at least what he used to get before our lives were flipped upside down.) 

We were comfortable

Until the universe came back and turned us on our heads again.

Keith came over to me while I was editing a graphic. "Hey, Y/n/n, are you busy at the moment?" he asked.

"Not working on anything terribly time sensitive, why?" I glanced up at him.

He smiled guiltily. "I need you for a video if you've got a little bit," he said. 

"Sure," I said, not thinking anything of it since this happened all the time without warning. I saved my work and minimized it, getting up. 

"I'll meet you down at the studio, I need to grab a few more people," he said. I nodded and went down to wait for him, guessing we'd get it all explained to us once he was done gathering people.

(A/N: I have no idea if Keith is a producer beyond TGs but I assume he is? If not, shhh. Fiction.) 

There weren't many people, a few interns to help with the video. Keith came in a few minutes with Eugene. It wasn't uncommon for us to be paired for videos, and they usually only grabbed a few people at a time so we could get our parts filmed, but we hadn't been paired since the breakup. I eyed Keith to see what he was planning.

"Kay, so, the idea of this video is "what is the power of a kiss?" so we want to have exes kiss and see what happens," he explained.

My mouth fell open at that, and I glanced to Eugene to see his brows rose. "So, you want us to kiss?" he asked, even though it was clear to both of us.

"Yep. There will be a few questions before and after, but that's the basics of it. Little social experiment," he said, trying to not look completely mischievous or guilty. 

I opened my mouth to speak, but no sound came out. I just looked at Eugene to see how he felt about it, not entirely sure what I wanted to say. 

"How do you feel about it?" he asked me.

"I-" I started, but tried to figure out how I felt about it, before glancing at Keith, who looked like he was internally bouncing. "Okay?" I said, shrugging a little.

"This should be interesting," Eugene commented.

Keith bounced happily. "Y/N, can you give us like.. tenish minutes? Go get a drink, snack, brush your teeth, whatever you wanna do while I do his half of the interview, then we'll do yours?" he asked.

"Sure," I said, needing to go collect myself anyway before I had a panic attack. "I'll come wait outside in about ten minutes," I added, before heading out. 

I paced around a little, taking some calming breaths and went to get water. There wasn't a whole lot I needed to do and just stayed outside the studio to pace until Keith came to get me. 

I tried not to freak out as I went inside and Eugene went out, finding my mark against the white background. 

They started to roll, and Keith started with the questions. "So, tell us your story. How did you meet, how long did you date, why did you break up?" he asked. 

Oh god. This was gonna be fun. "Eugene and I met here at Buzzfeed. We had an instant connection and decided to start dating. I think we only ended up officially dating for about two months, but in those two months.. it felt more than I have in relationships that have lasted two years," I murmured. "We both got really busy and couldn't make time for each other. We weren't even making time for taking care of ourselves, so I brought it up, and we made the mutual decision to take a break, and it kinda seemed like it was more than a little break since it's been three months." 

"How do you feel about him now?" 

That stung and I tried not to flinch. "He's still one of my best friends. It was hard to hang out for the first week or two, but I still feel okay Snapping him at 2 am when he's at the office and threaten to come drag him out by his hair if he doesn't go home and go to sleep," I said with a small smile. 

"What was one of the biggest things that bothered you about him while you were dating him?" 

I had to think on that one. We didn't really fight much. "While I can't say too much because I have it in myself, he's definitely a workaholic. I had to make sure he went home, though I still do, but sometimes it got in the way," I replied. 

"Okay, we're gonna bring Eugene back in now," he said, going over to the door. I took a few deep breaths, turning to where his marker was, running my fingers through my hair. 

He came inside and came to stand in front of me. "Hi," he said, awkwardly.

"Hi," I said, just as awkwardly.

"Whenever you guys are ready," Keith said. 

We shifted closer together before he reached up to rest one hand on my cheek (opposite side the camera was on), and the other on my waist, leaning down to kiss me. I rested my hands on his chest and returned it.

It was like nothing had changed over the last three months. There was still that same spark and fire. I leaned into it a bit more, forgetting the fact that there were cameras and lights, and this was for a video. Normally I wasn't one for PDA, but it just felt amazing. 

He slowly pulled away, and it felt far too soon, but then my head cleared and I remembered the video. They let us react naturally for a few seconds, and we just kinda looked at each other, in no rush to pull away. I finally did step back though and glanced at Keith.

"How do you guys feel now?" he asked.

"I'm... not sure," I said honestly, glancing at him. 

"It's like nothing has changed," he murmured, glancing back at me. I could feel his fingers had come down to play with mine, and I gave him a shy smile. 

"How do you think things will go after this?" Keith asked. 

"I think there's a conversation to be had," he said.

 I nodded in agreement. "That would probably be a good idea..."