Welcome to Camp Gale!

Lucas stared out the large bus window, watching the dark green pine trees rush by. Almost any other signs of civilisation had been long gone. He felt a pull on his arm, he looked around to Kasai. She was leaning on his shoulder and snuggling up to him while she slept. She made soft cute snores. He watched her for a few minutes, moving his arm around her. 

Even with her injuries she was as beautiful as ever in his eyes. She had a cast around her shin and multiple bandages around her arms and legs along with stitches and bruises. Her crutches sat next to her, tied to their chair. Every time he looked at her he couldn't help but have flashback to when he was in her arms, bleeding out and in pain. He slowly rubbed her back to distract him from the throbbing guilt he felt. 

Everyone was right about him, he was just a burden, a waste of space. He never helped anyone, he'll never be able to do anything to make up for what he's done and yet he keeps making mistakes. He sighed, returning his gaze to the window. He was hoping going to camp for these few days would take his mind off things but who knows.

It was almost noon and they were half an hour away from Camp , the bus trip had been less than pleasant. To start things off Kasai was grumpy from not getting any sleep from nightmares, then everyone on the bus kept singing ridiculous songs at the top of their lungs, giving Kasai a massive headache and honestly Lucas himself too. Some idiot even stepped on a bunch of people's tails on purpose. At least they'd be there soon and they could get settled into their rooms, have lunch and start doing some of the activities around campus.

The bus stopped with a cough of fumes and rumble of engines. Everyone moved to the windows, peering out at the camp, making it impossible to see since Lucas was sitting on the other side of the bus. He slowly shook Kasai's shoulder. She groaned as a response. 

"We're here." Lucas whispered as he pecked her on the cheek.

"Five more minutes..." Her voice trailed off as she nuzzled back into his arm.

"You can sleep at your room. Come on, don't want to miss lunch do you?" He teased softly, patting her head as she purred softly.

She rolled over and sat up, facing Lucas. She kissed him quick before reaching for her crutches. They waited for everyone to clear out before making their way outside. A long dirt path stretched out in front of them to multiple log cabins sitting across the estate. A large  pond sat in the middle, a small boat house next to it. The place gave off a almost mysterious vibe, yet it felt quite homey.

"Afternoon campers!" The students turned their attention to the counsellor in front of them. He had scruffy blonde hair and ash brown squirrel features. Freckles danced across his skin, hiding under his uniform.

"I'm counsellor Maxwell, I'll be helping you guys around for your first day along with the other counsellors so feel free to come up to us." He said cheerily, smiling at the students. "Now I have a list here of lodge rooms and activity groups. Also note that some activity groups are paired, so when there's a competition involved you have an opponent."

"Let's get to it shall we?" He began to read off a list of the lodges. Girls C was located near the pond with Kasai, Sage, Deryn and Kelsi residing in there. Opposite to them was Girls B with Angelica, Penny, Jay and a new girl Elise living there. 

The boys lodges were across the lake, Boys c was closet to the water with James, Ian, Evidynn and Torin there together. Diagonally across from them in Boys F was Ben and a few of his friends. At the end of the row was Boys G with Cole, Lucas, Caleb and another new kid Shaun.

The activity groups were split up into groups of three. Counsellor Maxwell read them out loud and clear. Kasai, Evidynn and Angelica; Shaun, Torin and Sage; Ian, Neil and Elise; Deryn, Caleb and Ben; Penny, Jay and Lucas and finally James, Kelsi and Cole. 

"That's all for now campers! Go off and dump your load off at your lodges and meet back here in thirty minutes to start off our three days of fun!" He exclaimed.

Everyone ran off in different direction, right for their lodges. Lucas walked with Kasai to her lodge. They met up with Deryn and Kelsi on the way there.

"So what do you guys want to do first?" Kelsi asked, she'd been given a stolen timetable from Ian. "I think rock climbing would be awesome."

"Yeah but is it outside or inside?" Deryn peered over her shoulder.

"Doesn't say." She pouted.

"The Flying Fox sound cool. I'm not sure what it is though." Lucas commenting, also looking over her shoulder.

"Oh! It's basically a zip line, I had a go at one last year. It's really fun but also terrifying." Kasai butted in. "You should really do it!"

"I wonder where it is? I don't see any mountains or anything around." Kelsi said glancing around at the forest.

"Hey! Watch the horns!" Deryn exclaimed, barely dodging a antler to the face.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" Kelsi chuckled, cupping a hand around her mouth.

 "Lucas! My man!" They looked over to see Caleb at the end of the row of Girl lodges. "Wanna walk over with us? I found Shaun too!" 

"Go on." Kasai said, nudging Lucas. 

"Are you sure? I can stay with you if you want." Lucas said, flicking his head between the two.

"I'm sure Caleb can watch you while I'm gone. Kelsi could you help me with my bag please?" Kasai asked politely.

Lucas handed Kelsi the light blue sports bag. He kissed Kasai before running to catch up with Caleb and Shaun.

"You're a lucky one Kasai." Deryn sneered. "Good boys are hard to come by." 

Kasai grinned and laugh. "Isn't he though?" 

"Don't speak too fast Deryn." They looked up to see Angelica at the lodge door across from them. "He's nice now, let's see for how long." 

"Angelica please." Kasai sighed.

"Hey at least I admitted he was good right now, but that's what it was like before he kissed Jay." Angelica said, putting her hands up as if she was about to be arrested.

"If you want a good bunk in there you better hurry, Sage already went in and wanted top bunk." Angelica teased before walking into her own room.

"What! No way I want top!" Deryn called, running into the lodge.

"There's more than one bunk bed Deryn!" Kelsi yelled with a sigh to follow. 

"Guess we're on the bottom." Kasai laughed.