My Forever

{New Kid In Town}

I still couldn't comprehend how Jamie had managed to turn my life around and change my opinion on the one thing I hated. I guess love does that to you, it gets you all wrapped up and it absorbs into your brain. But I was blind and didn't understand how deep in love I am. I think I'll always be. We stumbled to the doorsteps as our lips hingrily starved for one another. I was going to unlock the front door but it was already open.

,"Jamie I think someone's in the house."

I whispered while pulling away.

,"Why? What's wrong?"

He asked totally confused.

,"The doors unlocked."

His eyebrows narrowed and he tensed a bit. He opened the door slowly. He stepped in before me, his eyes scattered the room until he finally went pale.

,"What is it? What happened?!"

I was going to step into the house but he grabbed me and pushed me back outside. He blocked the door. I looked into his room yes.and that's when I knew something was wrong.

,"Jamie?"

I said weakly.

,"What's wrong?"

I whispered trying to hold myself together.

,"Iris-"

,"What happened Jamie?!"

I said with tears rolling down my eyes. The look in his eyes told me something was wrong. I could feel it. I could sense it.

,"Your mother."

I widened my eyes in shock. She came back. I was going to run inside but Jamie pushed me away from the door.

,"JAMIE STO-"

,"SHE'S DEAD IRIS!"

He shouted and that's when I felt my heart stop beating.

,"No! Jamie no!"

I whisper shouted. I fell into his arms unintentionally. Jamie pulled me deep into his chest. I grasped his shirt into my fists. I started to hyperventilate. Tears bubbled in the back of my eyes. I felt warm tears fall to my cheeks. My mom was dead.

,"Jamie."

I stretched his name and it sent chills down his back. I started to push him away so I could go in and see my mom, but he pushed me away and shut the door with a slam. He pulled out his phone and dialed 911.

,"Jamie, let me see her!"
************************************

       Jamie

I couldn't let her go in and see what I saw. She would break. It's bloody and grusome. Her mother just lying there in her own blood. It made me sick to my stomach. If Iris were to see it, she wouldn't be able to handle it. I have to protect her from this. All of it.

,"911, what's your emergency?"

,"My girlfriend's mother's dead."

***********************************

      Jamie

Iris saw them wheeling her out in a body bag. I looked into her once we and beautiful eyes, they weren't the same. They were dull and broken. They were the windows to her soul... Her soul was broken. I needed to fix her. I have to.

,"Iris?"

Her eyes flickered up to me as we sat on her front porch watching as the ambulance took off.

,"Yes?"

She cracked out.

,"It'll be okay."

I whispered. She sunk her teeth into her bottom lip.

,"I know."

She said softly, holding back all the whimpers she wanted to let out. Her hand slipped up to mine in pure hunger for my touch. I looked down at her beautiful self. She was still in her dress, makeup smeared from crying.

,"I've got you, Iris. This is one of the thick parts you're going to have to go through, but you have me."

She shot me a sad look and it made my insides melt.

,"WE will get through this. I promise you."

I whispered. And with that I cracked her open. She needed to cry, she needed to feel the pain. She needed to get it out. Tears spilled down her eyes and onto her cheeks. She started so hard and that's when I knew she needed me. I grabbed her and pulled her onto my laps. Her arms stretched around my neck and mine wrapped around her waist tightly.

,"I've got you now. You're not alone, baby."

I said choking on my own tears. I hated seeing her likes this. She was so used to being the girl with a huge smile on her face but right now, she's the complete opposite. I can't stand it. I need to see her beautiful smile. Now. It's what keeps me going. The truth is... I was going to drop out of school the week I met Iris, but then we got paired to do the baby project. And she wasn't scared of me. She wasn't upset about having to be my partner. She even named the baby after me. She softened me up, she made me mushy. Iris Black, my love, my baby girl, stopped me from ruining my life. She's the bright light in my life now. I don't see myself going back to the old me, I don't want to be that. She's changed to. I've seen her demons, but I don't care. I, Jamie Rene Lozano, have fallen completely and utterly in love with Iris Black.