Chapter seven

This was terrible!
Here I was, all alone in another world with nowhere to go and no one to trust!
I hadn't any idea what to do. Even though this was my world and I  knew it backwards and forwards, I had never thought to create a place for homeless people like her to casually run off to.
I was doomed.
Doomed!
Without even a shred of hope still in me, I sat on a lone park bench by a tall evergreen, my face in my hands.
It was getting to be so dark...
I was so afraid...
"Hey."
I jolted as a strange voice snapped me from my thoughts and I hesitantly turned to meet a pair of sharp, bright blue eyes.
My own eyes widened as I took in the sight of the easily recognizable young woman in front of me.
Standing at around 5'7, dressed in such a cute outfit it made me want to cry, was a curvy, stunning blonde girl with bright blue eyes and impeccable make up. Her gorgeous, waist length blonde locks curled beautifully over one shoulder and she tilted her head as she looked down at the frail, nerdy girl on the bench.
I almost had a heart attack.
I'd seen her earlier today.
Evangeline.
"What are you doing all alone in the park at this time of night?"
Her voice was clear as a bell and gave me chills as I struggled to answer.
"Uh... um..."
She recognizes me.
She must!
She had to have seen me with Ace today.
Panicked, I couldn't manage to find the words to answer Evangeline as she continued to pin me with her sharp gaze.
"Don't you have a place to be...?" The teen finally asked me, resting her hand on her hip as she looked down at me questioningly.
"Well," I struggled to answer. How could I possibly explain all of this to her?
"Oh, I fell into your dimension and don't technically have a house here"? "Oh, and by the way, I'm kind of like god because I created your entire existence."
Right, that would go over well.
"Hello?" Evangeline pressed impatiently.
"I-I'm sorry," I stammered, awkwardly folding her hands in her lap. "I... guess you could say I'm between places right now..."
Technically not a lie.
"What? Did you run away?"

"... kind of."

Evangeline sighed and reached down to gently take my hand, pulling me to my feet.
Wow... her hands are super soft...
Giving me a heart stopping smile, Evangeline squeezed my hand and began to lead me down the sidewalk. "You can come with me, then. I always have room for one more. My parents are out of town right now. What's your name, anyway?"

"... Paige..."

"Paige? Huh..."

"What?"

"No, it's nothing. I'm Evangeline."

"I know. Er...!"

Oops..
Evangeline stopped walking and turned to face me. "You know?"

"Um, I mean," panicked, I tried to think of a quick excuse to make up for it. "I.. go to the same school as you. I see you around a lot.."

"Really?? Oh, that makes sense..! I thought I'd heard your name before."

You too...?
I squinted and looked at the girl with a tilted head. "You have..?"

"Mhm! Now I get it. So! Let's get moving. Being in the dark like this gives me the creeps."

"Um... right."

Strange... really strange.