5: Everything Fell Apart

^^ Jay ^^

"What about this one?" Mum asked, pointing to yet another dress in a shop window.

"Mum, have you seen the price? You realise I work in a café right?" I laughed.

She shrugged and tilted her head looking closer at the dress. "It was just an idea. You deserve to spoil yourself occasionally you know."

I laughed and put my arm around her shoulders, squeezing softly. "I know mum. And I do, just not that much." I tensed up as I heard the tell-tale rumble of bikes behind us. I cringed as I saw them pull up a little way ahead of us and turned to my mum. "Okay, so you remember when I told you I was just friends with that biker?" I paused while she nodded. "Things might be progressing a bit."

She nodded at me knowingly. "And you're only telling me this now because of the Bulldogs that just pulled up and are now approaching us, right?"

"Well," I stuttered, then sighed. "Yes. That's why I'm telling you now."

She grinned and turned around to greet the guys. "Hello, boys!" She said, winking at me as I cringed again.

"Um, guys, this is my Mum, Brenda. Mum this is Jay, Banjo and Ash." I pointed to each of the guys as I introduced them, and they all held out their hands for her to shake.

Ash winked at her. "It's easy to see where Mel gets her beauty from."

I groaned. "Ash, please don't hit on my mother!"

My mum laughed as Ash turned to me and grinned. "You know I've only got eyes for you!"

"So this is the one you're 'progressing' with?" Mum asked, and I covered my face with my hands. "He's cute!"

"Oh god. Mum, we're leaving. Guys, I'll see you later!" I grabbed Mum's hand and dragged her away, ignoring the laughter of the guys behind us.

"I approve," Mum said, nudging my side with her elbow.

"Shouldn't you be warning me away and disapproving or something?" I asked.

"Life is short. If he makes you happy and treats you right, what does it matter if he wears leather and rides a Harley? Besides, if he hurts you, no amount of leather will protect him!"

I laughed and pulled her close again. "I love you, Mum!"

"I love you too. Now I don't suppose he has any friends for your old mum, does he?"

"Mum! No!" I shouted, more embarrassed than I could ever remember being.

***

"Hey beautiful," Ash said as I answered my front door.

"Hey," I leant up to place a kiss on his lips. "What are you doing here?"

He frowned. "I need a reason to come and see my girl?"

"Oh, I'm your girl am I?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes. You are. Now go get dressed," he laughed as he pointed down to the pink plaid pyjamas I was wearing.

It was almost lunchtime but I was enjoying my day off by spending it watching Netflix in bed. I hadn't planned on moving at all today, but Ash had thrown a spanner in the works.

"Why?" I whined.

"Because," he said, leaning down to kiss me again. "I'm taking you to the clubhouse,"

I stepped back and let him in. "Any particular reason?" I asked.

"Well, you have concerns about the club," I opened my mouth to speak but he kissed me again to stop me. "Which I totally understand, don't worry. But I guess the only way to stop those concerns is for you to come and spend time with us and get to know everyone a bit better, in our own environment,"