Night Monster

Y/N P.O.V

You were laying down on a sheet of grass next to the bright fire. Wilson had fallen asleep, although prior to that he seemed to be fighting it. He said something about the darkness being "Dangerous" so the fire must be lit at all times. But you just assumed he was paranoid. Being in isolation, you were understanding.

Your body and soul were wide awake. Being exposed to such new territory means a difficult time getting to sleep. You stood up and walked around. You soon strayed not too far from the camp fire and wandered around.

"It sure is dark.." You spoke quietly to yourself. You couldn't help but feel that you were being watched. That a presence was near. You took a deep breath and shook your head. Now you were the paranoid one.

You weren't planning on staying out too long. You just needed a moment to walk. You turned around to head back, but you screamed when a pair of white, evil eyes blinked down at you. You felt something grab you and begin attacking you. In a panic, you ran back to the campfire and immediately alerted Wilson. You shook him in trauma until he woke up. You felt a little more comforted when his eyes laid upon yours.

"What's wrong?" Wilson sat up, a hand on your arm and worry in his eyes.

You rubbed your eyes with one hand and breathed in deeply.

"I went for a little walk outside of the camp and i was attacked by a..figure. I couldn't see very well because it is pitch black out there but i did see 2 death-like eyes staring at me.."

You looked at Wilson, him shaking his head with a sigh.

"I told you, the darkness is dangerous. The Night Monster will attack you if you step out into the darkness.." He explained, grabbing out some paste that looked to be of crushed herbs.

"What is that?" You asked as Wilson applied the mixture to a large wound on your stomach which you didn't realise was there. Your clothes were torn through and slightly blood-soaked.

"Just something i whipped up earlier in case of injuries. Its just a remedy for wounds."

While he was washing it out with some water, you noticed a large machine to the side.

"What's that?" You asked, pointing towards the contraption.

"Ah that is my science machine. It helps me create certain things" He explained, grabbing some sort of silk material and wrapping it around your stomach.

"There" He proudly smiled.

"Thank you" You smiled back, thankful for his hospitality.

He cleaned away his stuff and looked into the sky.

"I think it has just about hit dusk" He stated, taking a spot next to you.

You respectfully adjusted the silk material to make it a little more comfortable to wear. You didn't know how long you would be here, or wherever "here" is, but you were certainly glad that Wilson bumped into you.

Wilson's P.O.V

I really hope i'm being polite enough. I've been in isolation for a while now. Even before i was transported to this torureous land. I have never been a very...social person. But I felt a lot different around her. I felt all of the awkward weights that usually drag me to the depths of my mind suddenly disappear. She had a smile warmer than the fire and (Colour) eyes more beautiful than the moon.

Wow. Since when was I so poetic.

But is it even scientifically possible for a human to be so...nice? In every single way.

I looked over towards her, seeing her moving around the silk.

"Do you need it looser?" I asked, bringing my hands to the part where each end of the fabric tied.

"Yes please" She breathed out.

I didn't want to make it too loose, due to needing the pressure in order to try contain any blood. But I gave her a bit of slack and loosened the tensioned cloth.

I sat there for a minute, hands gripping each end of the material. I felt like i didn't want to let go. She turned her head to face me and i quickly pulled my hands away.

She slightly smiled from confusion, then layed down in the grass. Rubbing her eyes occasionally. I decided to lay down next to her, but not too close, and stared at the sky.

The sun came up higher and higher, as evident through the of the leaves on the tall oak trees that surrounded us and my camp. Our...camp. With the serene scenery and comforting thoughts, i fell asleep.

Time skip: Morning

I woke up to metal clashing and puffing noises. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, looking towards my Science Machine, seeing Y/N messing about with it.

"What are you...up to Y/N?" I inquired, standing up and walking over to her.

"I wanted to see what this machine did. Afterall, you said it was a 'Science Machine'" She replied, clicking a few buttons.

I grabbed her hands and, gently, pulled them away.

"How about i uh...teach you how to use this. And teach you a bit about science while we're at it!" I enthusiastically exclaimed.

"What kind of science?"

"Science Science!"

She giggled and nodded her head.

"Sure." She spoke.

I smiled back and replied.

"Well, my Science Partner, lets begin."