Twenty Five

Newt had smuggled the girl into Britain a while back. It was all amazing and Newt couldn't even believe that he had done it. Newt had been finishing up a bit of research on Nifflers as (Name) had been napping silently by him, her head cradled gently in his lap. This is how it had been for the short while that the girl had been here. They would just be together, doing barely anything but at the same time spending so much meaningful moments together.

There was an abrupt and rough knock on the door that woke (Name) in a quick moment. She had jumped slightly before sitting straight up, her heart racing. "What was that?" She asked, holding onto Newt's shirt. He had furrowed his brows as he had tensed up, protectively wrapping an arm around his muggle girlfriend. "I don't know." He said gently before the knock repeated, this time louder and rougher. Newt had flinched this time, pursing his lips.

"I need to get the door, love. Can you let go?" He asked gently, his soft eyes flicking down to the girl. She had looked up at him for a moment before hesitantly look down at her lap and letting her fingers unravel from the fabric of his shirt. He had smiled at her a bit wryly before getting up and going to answer the door.

He opened the door, the creak of the old door completely filling the room. Newt had a smile on his face, but it completely faded away once he had seen the man standing there at the door. Theseus. His brother stood there in the flesh, his dark brown curly hair neatly styled, his thin grey eyes narrowed and his thin lips in a straight line. He looked Newton over, a look that showed he was extremely unimpressed plain and clear on his face. "Newton?" He had asked in a deep but plain voice.

Newt had looked down, his lips tightly pursed. His brother had disapproved of him just as much as his parents did. It had hurt him to see his brother standing there, and he didn't want him to be at his doorstep at all. He didn't want to ever see his brother. "How are you?" He had asked while he looked up, forcing a smile.

Theseus had scoffed before pushing aside his brother, walking into his house. Newt's eyes had widened as he had rushed away from the door, trying to block his brothers path. "I see you tidied up." He had said in a near grunt, his finger running over the wooden table top of a dark dresser. He rubbed his index finger and thumb together, scanning for dust. He instantly cringed once he had seen the slight bit of dust that built between his fingers.

"Mom and dad asked me to invite you over for dinner. They wanted to hear about what you're into now." Theseus had said in a bored manner before looking away from his fingers and looking at his brother. Newt had blinked a few times before smiling somewhat nervously. He still was into magizoology, and he didn't know how he would tell his parents that.

"Newt?" A familiar voice to Newt had chimed. He had frozen in place as his eyes had widened. He slowly looked over at his brother.

His brother was staring right at her.