FOURTEEN

The past four days had been uneventful to say the least. The doctor had been clear about the fact that I shouldn't be doing anything physical exhausting for the next week, and while I would love to do absolutely nothing for a week, it just wasn't an option anymore.
Jason and I needed to plan out what we our plan was. We had already agreed that Polly would meet us at the car that Jason had stashed away, but other than that we had basically nothing.
"I have an old family friend up in Michigan, and I know for a fact that they'd be able to find us a place to stay," I told Jason, "they owe me a favor, and a big one."
"Sounds like a plan," Jason said, "I have enough money for us to get there and to live off of for a couple of months at best, but we're going to need to find jobs."
"And don't forget school," I added.
"Do we have to?" Jason whined, falling backwards and fully laying down. I laughed, looking back at him.
"Yes, we eventually need to be able to get jobs that will actually provide for us, more than just basic necessities."
"Fine." I turned around so I was facing him, not knowing how to say what I needed to say.
"What?" Jason asked, noticing the look on my face.
"Maybe we should tell Nana Rose, I mean she kind of hates your parents and she can help us a lot. Polly is pregnant Jason, and I don't know if you two have realized that being pregnant is expensive as hell. Nana Rose loves you, and she might not admit it but I've grown on her as well. I'm sure she'd help us," I said, knowing that Polly wouldn't be able to get the help she needed. Jason and I would never be able to get any kind of medical treatment either, but nothing could change that when we would be presumed dead.
Jason took what I said in, eventually closing his eyes in exasperation.
"Why do you have to be right?" He muttered, grabbing onto my waist and pulling me down, being careful of my broken arm.
"Because I always am," I joked, resting my cast on his chest and turning into him.
"Are you sure about this?" Jason asked, "about coming with us. You have an entire life here, Manic."
"So do you, Jay. You have your reasons for wanting to leave, and I do too. Lately this town has been nothing but misery for me, I can't do it anymore. I can't act like I'm not falling apart when I am, not anymore." I closed my eyes after saying this, wanting to cut Jason off from saying anything. My plan worked-for some reason- and he took my actions as a sign to keep his mouth closed.
Seconds later Cheryl bursted into the room, threw clothes at me and started barking orders.
"Okay! Get up, Maddie, we are going shopping. And no, Jason, you can't come with us," she said, sparking my interest.
I was an avid shopper, and whenever I had the money I would shop for hours. I perked up, getting out of the bed fast enough to show that I was definitely not going to fight her on this.
I gathered the clothes, holding onto them to the best of my ability, and followed Cheryl out of the room and over to her bedroom.
Cheryl immediately ordered me to get dressed, saying that she was going to get her makeup out.
I did as she said, putting on the black skinny jeans, a black crop top that continued down my torso in crisscrosses, and leather high heeled boots.

I have to give credit where it's due, Cheryl had better than average taste, and that's putting it lightly.
"Oh my, God! You look amazing," Cheryl sang, grabbing onto my hand and pulling me into her walk-in closet, sitting me down in front of the vanity.
"And you'll look even better after I do your makeup," she added, before starting on my face.

By the time she finished I was in shock. Yes, I can do my own makeup and pick pretty decent outfits, but there was something about having a friend do it that made it just, special.
My mom had never done anything like this with me before, and I wish she had.
While the outfit was more dark and out there, my makeup was more on the natural side, which balanced out the look. If only my cast wasn't in the way.
"So, how do you like it?" Cheryl asked nervously, which I'm guessing wasn't something that happened often. I jumped up, hugging her.
"I absolutely love it, thanks Cher."