❤︎Chapter Six

Being outside the castle for anything other than frolicking and my late night escapes to the town to eat foods my father deemed unfit for a princess gave me such an incredible rush. It was a complete shame I had to travel for 10 hours in a carriage. I rather wanted to walk and enjoy the fresh air and the unfamiliar sights.

It felt like a real shame that I was cooped up in my castle with an overprotective father keeping me from seeing the kingdom I was born to take care of. And I had no relationships with the royals who lived around us. The kingdom of Arcadia was so far away from all the others. The Goldencrowne kingdom was the closest kingdom there was, and it was an amazing 10 hours away.

It made my stomach twist just a little bit when I said the words out loud. I'd never traveled before. Nor had I been that far away from my father for Lord knows how long. I was nervous, but my sense of adventure overshadowed the majority of the nerves.

"Now, your highness, I should educate you on your first suitor." Cassius was sitting right next to me in the carriage and Azura and Crystal were sitting across from us. I wanted to sit next to Azura but Cassius wouldn't let me when we go into the carriage. He said he wanted to make sure he could see out of the window in case someone came to rob the carriage and each knight should be on either side. But that was an excuse that didn't even make sense. I decided to go with his little lie to please him.

"His name is Prince Hawthorne, right? I heard he's so beautiful and everyone always says he's nearly 20 and his face hasn't changed in 4 years. And his skin is a bronze color and his hair is--"

"Not about his appearance. We're going to talk about his personality and his political ties and power."

I slumped over in my seat and I caught Azura grinning at me.

"I hate talking about politics! And I can get to now him when I meet him. I'd rather be surprised abut what he's like."

Cassius rolled his brown eyes, "Your highness, you're missing the point of marriage, here. It's not going to be like the fairytale books you read in the palace library. Real people are more complicated than that. Much more. Royal marriages have little to do with love."

"Well marriages in general should be all about love. I want to meet Prince Hawthorne and get to know the real him before his power as a prince. So there!"

"Your highness--"

"I've spoken!" I wave my hand playfully and Cassius rolls his eyes but Azura and Crystal find me funny. I'd never really made any jokes before. Let alone had people laugh at them. It felt like everything was so different on the outside world!

"I'll respect your wishes, Princess Noel," Cassius says before we ride in silence for awhile, "But you'll soon find that you'll regret not knowing all of your suitors before you meet them."

SugarSugarHeart and BonbonLove's July 31 Day Writing Challenge Day 27

The two of us will post a chapter every day this month of one of our stories! If life happens and we don't get a chapter up, we make up for the days with that number of updates (multiples)  in one day. Or just as much as possible before the month is out lol.