Chapter 4 Waking Second Morning

After breakfast, the women got down to business. They had all agreed to go straight to the High Council and ask the questions they had been mulling over. When they got to the "court," they felt High Council full of energy and centered. The captain and Johnny were the first to speak, both greeting the women warmly. One wouldn't think they were not fully alive. But by observing you would notice the lack of gesticulation. All expression was within their eyes. Then there was the other obvious fact that the voice you heard wasn't coming from a mouth and you didn't hear it within your ears.

Good morning, ladies! What can we do for you today? Came the telepathic voice of the captain.

"We were wondering if we should wake some of the cryo-eds?" asked Judy. With Anna still emotionally distraught, Judy knew that for a while she might have to lead the way. That's when the thought struck her: How was it that they were so animated last night with Anna? Had they been holding her and speaking with their mouths?

Then Judy heard the answer aimed just at her: Normally, we are to try to conserve energy, but Haven had just empowered us with her dusk gasses. Luckily it had cleared by the time Anna ran out to us. Then without a moment wasted the original question was answered telepathically to all three women.

We wondered when you'd ask. Spoke the captain. The fact is, we would like you to wake three men.

"Must we?" Judy and Beth asked at the same time. They turned to each other and laughed. "Why do we need men? Can't we three do plenty on our own? I've done plenty of camping and living alone that I learned from my grandparents. Beth learned a lot about the planet from Johnny." Judy stated matter of factly.

Haven is using almost all her resources by keeping the frozen asleep, keeping the machines going, taking care of the zoo and earth gardens as best she can. We are trying to help her with the knowledge she needs to keep us all going: inanimate, frozen, human, fauna and flora are all distinctly different from those born and raised here. We appreciate your need to explore and try to make it on your own. You'll get the chance, Haven promises. But we need to relieve her as quickly as we can of the responsibilities of the machinery. The three we have chosen to help you all will work well with you to set up a thriving community. We brought all these people because Anna in her wisdom knew how to get Earthlings up and going on a new planet. Let's not lose sight of this just because it all didn't start as well as we had planned. These thoughts came from the captain and Johnny and others of the High Council, The trio could tell who was talking, but it all was divided to keep the energy alive between them all.

At first, Beth and Judy were disappointed. They realized that this helped Anna feel her power. So they decided it was the proper way to go.

"Which ones?" asked Beth.

Henry Reese, Adam McCall and Robert Jackson. They are the strongest and most able of the cryo. As soon as they are awake, fed, showered and ready, bring them to us. Haven needs them.

Though it seemed life might be easier having the male counterparts, it was hard to let go of the feeling of being the only explorers on this fascinating planet. But the ladies knew that Haven and the High Council had their reasons.

***

Anna led the way to the tanks. She knew that her whole reason for her existence was medically taking care of the cryonically frozen passengers. Doctor Reese set up the supplies proficiently. In this case, Judy and Beth acted as nurses, handing Anna what she needed as she did her job. Anna still could not see. Her eyes were still sealed, but intuitively her hands knew what to do.