Chapter Fourteen

(Niall's POV)

From: Harry :) Hiii. Sorry, I totally forgot to call earlier. Lou needed help with some shit

I smiled down at my phone as the telly blared some random programme. I found myself thinking about the muscular, curly headed lad most of the evening. 

How broad his shoulders were, how firm his chest felt beneath mine as I was pressed against him. I shook my head at myself, chuckling a bit at how flustered he got me. I let my thumbs dance over the touch-screen for a moment before typing back a quick reply.

To: Harry :) Hey! It's all good. I had fun today

I pressed send, worried that he might be a little creeped out by my forwardness. I saw the delivered turn to read but no typing symbol. Shit, I did creep him out. I watched the screen with my eyebrows creased in worry. Finally, after what seemed like forever, he replied.

From: Harry :) Even when we were hiding from a possible murderer?

My breathing got unsteady. Possible murderer? I thought that guy had just stabbed him? I felt panic rush through me. I looked away from my phone screen and stared hard at the wall, the colours from the telly flashing in the corner of my eye. Is Harry in danger? What was he even doing when that man stabbed him? Why was he looking for him?

Questions after questions flowed through my mind like a waterfall. I wasn't sure what to think of this, I needed answers. At this point, I didn't even care if I only just met Harry. I need to know what's going on here. None of this makes sense. My phone buzzed in my hands, making me jump.

From: Harry :) Niall? Are you still there?

I hadn't realized how long I'd been zoned out for. I made up my mind, I defiantly need answers. Ignoring Harry's text message, I clicked on his contact name and pressed the 'call' button, bringing my phone up to my ear. 

I tapped my foot up and down, sitting forward on the sofa while using the remote to turn the telly's volume down. The line rang three times before Harry picked up. "Niall?" His voice came through the phone. It was angelic, almost. The way my name rolled off his tongue and came out of his mouth in a deep, raspy voice made me shiver.

"Harry, I need you to tell me what today was all about," I started. "I don't mean the part in the alley because that was amazing- I mean the part where we- not the whole getting hunted down thing- but I really liked it and what the fuck am I saying-"

"Niall, breathe," Harry's deep chuckle filled my right ear. I hadn't even realized I was rambling. I let out a deep breath, my face flushing with embarrassment. Good thing he couldn't see me. "You mean you want to know why that guy was looking for me?" He asked after I had caught my breath. I chose not to reply, worried my voice would come out all rambled and shaky.

 I just hoped Harry picked up that I wanted him to tell me. Thankfully, he did pick it up. "I'll tell you someday."

I felt myself getting a bit pissed off at that answer. Does he not trust me? "I get that we just met and all, but stop using that stupid line on me, Harry. I can handle it, I'm not some fragile little-"

"I never said you were."

"-doll. I want to know what the hell's going on with you. Who were you talking to on the phone last night? Where did you have to go so early this morning? Why was that guy looking for you? Is he trying to hurt you?" Questions spilled out of my mouth. Harry stayed silent on the other end of the phone until I was done asking every single thing that was haunting my mind.

 Finally, when I had finished with a hard, deep breath, he answered. "I trust you, Niall. I do. Just give me a bit of time and I promise I will tell you one day."

"I want to know now, Harry!" I sounded so shrill, it surprised me.

"Just be patient with me. Please," His voice cracked a bit in desperation. I sighed heavily, switching the phone to my other ear. "Please, Ni."

"Okay," I finally gave in. "Fine. But don't you dare try and push me away because it won't work." I leaned back into the couch and propped my feet up on the coffee table.

"I don't want you to go anywhere, anyways."