Chapter 40

I woke up on the basement couch and checked the time. It was nine o'clock and Casey was going to be here in half an hour. I went to Alex's room and grabbed some of my clothes.

"Alex, wake up!" I yelled as I ripped the blanket off of him.

"Give me back my blanket, I'm cold!" He complained.

"Casey is going to be here in," I checked the time, "twenty-four minutes!" I yelled.

"Oh shit!" He went to get up and he fell to the ground.

"Go wake Jack, Rian, and Zack up." He told me. Zack heard me yelling at Alex and he woke Rian up.

"Hey, watch this." Rian said. We went into Jack's room and he stood over him.

"Jack, get your ass up! The show's in ten minutes!" He yelled.

"What the fuck!" He yelled as threw the covers off. It wasn't until he was slipping his jeans on that he realized there wasn't a show to play.

"Casey's gonna be here in fifteen minutes." Rian said as he walked out. I followed him and went to go change into my clothes. I threw on my black alien t-shirt, white torn shorts, Alex's burgundy converse, and my Panic! bracelets. I went to the bathroom and braided a part of my hair back before putting it in a ponytail. I put on some eyeshadow and eyeliner before putting my earrings in and applying lipgloss. I went back to the couch so I could put my earbuds in my pocket and grabbed the backpack with all of my stuff I had on the plane with me. I went upstairs and I saw Casey was here. Alex stared at me.

"Are those my shoes?" He asked.

"Pfff no." I said sarcastically.

"How do they even fit you?" Jack asked.

"He has small feet." I laughed. Casey shook his head at me. I grabbed an apple from the bowl and bit into it. I immediately spit it into my hand.

"Why do you have fake apples in the kitchen?!" I yelled. They were all laughing at me. Alex opened his hand to I tossed it to him. I put the pieces that were in my mouth in the trash and grabbed a pop tart from the cupboard.

"Alright. The only things I'm concerned about are the bedroom and where she's at education wise." Casey said.

"Don't worry dude, I'm good with school stuff." I said before taking a bite.

"We're enrolling her in Brentwood." Zack said.

"Do you have a back up plan in case that doesn't work out?" He asked.

"The other school that's two blocks away?" Jack said. Casey nodded and asked about the bedroom. Alex whispered in his ear and he nodded.

"Alright, well, I'm not gonna bother asking the school questions because she's known the answers since the beginning of sixth grade. That's all I guess. I have your shirts in the trunk if you wanna come get them." He said. We went outside and I put my book bag in the front seat so I could grab the the box with my name on it. I put it in the basement because I didn't want the guys to go through it. I walked back upstairs and to Casey's car so I could say bye to the guys.

"Behave." Alex said.

"Boy, I am an angel!" I yelled through the car window.

"You're a goof." He said. Casey started the car and the guys waved goodbye.

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" Casey asked.