Day One

{Eren's}

"Yeah, Hange, I'll be closing today," I was on the phone with Hange since she called me during one of my few breaks. She told me she wanted to know when I was getting off of work.

"Thank you, titan baby! I'll stop by there later and explain the situation!" She hung up on me after that.

I wonder what she needed to talk about. Must be important though, otherwise she would have said it over the phone. I went to my Instagram and looked through my notifications.

'102 people liked your photo..

'PotatoLover67 requested to follow you and 4 others..

I shut off my phone, and slipped it in my back pocket. It wouldn't be long till closing time.

"Hey, Eren, your break has been over for ten minutes now," Erwin, my coworker, informed me from the register. "Sorry, I lost track of the time," I got up and fixed my uniform. People were coming in pairs of either two or more, filling booths and tables.

I approached a booth and handed out the menus to the four teenage girls and read today's specials. One of them just stared at her hands, and the rest were flipping through the choices.

"Can I start anyone off with something to drink?" They looked at eachother, then the one with blonde curls looked at me, "three sweet teas and one glass of warm milk," she said.

"Just because I'm a neko doesn't mean I drink that trash," the shy one muttered her ears poked out from under the hood she wore, revealing she's a neko.

"She'll take the milk. She's just shy around boys," the blonde remarked.

"Ok, I'll be right back with your beverages!" I chirped as I walked off with the order. Just two more hours and I'll be free.

Two hours later, Eren is locking the doors of the Diner with the sun still looming in the sky.

"Hange should be here soon." I put the keys in my bookbag and leaned against my car parked in front of the Diner. Hange's car finally pulled up, and I pushed off my car. "You sure did take your time getting here," I retorted.

"Well, I did run into some problems and had to pick up Armin along the way." Armin waved behind her as she walked up and gave me a tight embrace. "I came here today with our dear friend, Armin, with a simple request," she went on, letting me go.

"So what is it?" I asked. Hange nodded towards Armin, and he left for her car.

"You see, since I work as a doctor for pretty much everything! I had a special patient brought to me, and I was wondering if you could take him in for awhile. He's a neko that loves to clean, so that's a good thing. What do you say?!" She practically begged on her knees.

"I guess if he'll be a help around the house. When do I get him?" If he's a neko, then I have to do some research. I've never had to take care of one before until now.

"I'm back with Levi, Hange," Armin was walking towards us with someone behind him. I moved a bit to get a better look, but he was wearing a slightly baggy hoodie, hiding his face.

"Levi, this Eren. You'll be staying with him, can you do that for me?" Hange bent down just a little due to his shortness to see his face. I couldn't tell what they were doing, but they didn't take long. "He's all yours!" She smiled maniacally, putting an arm around the neko, Levi.

Armin showed me a small book, "I grabbed this at the library. You might find it useful," he offered.

I gladly took the book from his hands and gave it quick look over. It described how to care for a neko and other stuff like that. "Thanks a ton!" I smiled, putting it in my bag.

"Hange, I'll be in the car," Armin waved me off and disappeared.

"Take good care of him, Eren," she smiled big and left too. Now it was Levi and me standing in silence. I moved to see his face, but he turned away.

I sighed, and opened the backseat door, "I'll take you home now," he hesitated before getting in without complaints. I closed the door and got in.

The drive was quiet, and the neko stayed silent looking out the window. Eren drove to his house and they reach the front door.

I pull out the key and start messing with the door. "I have a spare room from when my sister used to live with me. You can have it once I clean it a bit," I said, twisting the knob and pushing the door.

My house was very small. The front door lead into the living room with a couch, TV, two bookshelves, and a coffee table in the center.

To the left was a door leading to the kitchen. Barstools lined along the counter similar to what you would see at a bar or casino. There were some bottles of wine in the upper cabinets, but they were for special occasions.

"Follow me, I'll show you to your room where you will be staying," I closed the door and locked it.

I took my shoes off, throwing them to the side, and Levi did the same. I lead the neko down the short hallway and opened the door adjacent to the bathroom. The bathroom had a standard one person vanity, and the curtains to the shower were a magnificent blue. However, Levi's room was painted a simple blue with beige carpet. A Queen-sized bed with a blue and green blanket dominated the middle of the room.

A bookshelf sat near the bed filled to the brim with books. Some in German and Japanese, but majority of them are definitely in English. Sadly, there isn't a Television since it was a guest room.

"Food will be ready in a bit. Get yourself settled till then," I said, stepping aside. Levi nodded and entered the dusty room. I closed the door behind him. Levi, well, he's an interesting character alright. I wonder what I should make him? I sat on the couch with the book in my hands.

"Time to find out," I muttered, opening to the first page.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

This story was originally created in 2016 or 2017, I can't be certain. I have decided to take it back up again and give it a proper ending.

As some might already know, I have many works in progress. I feel bad for not giving it an ending, so please enjoy the story as you read.