"Have fun but work hard, darling,"

I nod, " I love you Dad."

A pair of arms are already awaiting my presence when I turn around. My mom motions with her finger for me to go to her, which I do, lacing my arms around her waist as we hug for a few seconds. She sighs sadly into my neck.

"Don't forget to call," she whispers.

"Of course."

When we pull away, she taps my nose with her finger, smiling sweetly at me to cover her upset.

"Love you," she says.

I shake my head, smirking back at her, "it doesn't mean anything with out the 'I' in front of it."

My mom tuts, laughing at me also. She knows my ways. "I love you!" She repeats.

I giggle, "I love you too."

"Drive safe!" My dad calls out.

They wave me off, not going inside until we're fully out of sight from one another. It's then that I feel the loneliness as I drive  through the almost dark LA, which may I add, looks so beautiful when it's lit up in the darkness. I admire the views as I drive. Right now, for the next hour, it was just me on my own with my thoughts. There was nothing or no one to distract me, so I took the time to reminisce in my head the happy times of when I was younger, my mom's tour, finding out I was going to be an older sister, the months of my mom being pregnant when I could lay my palm softly onto her stomach to feel the not yet fully developed baby in her stomach, and then when I found out I had been accepted into LAC. It was all so overwhelming to look back on.

The slightly shorter journey back to LAC Campus went by quite quickly, and I pulled into the car park at ease, since it wasn't that busy as a lot of students were returning to campus tomorrow morning. I decided it was best to come back tonight due to the craziness of traffic around the area tomorrow because everyone's arriving back at the same time.

I climb out of my car, looking at the familiar building of LAC Campus, which stood for Los Angeles College Campus, before beginning to pull out my bags from the boot.

My bag slips from out of my hand, landing on the concrete below me "eugh, really?" I groan to myself, knowing that almost certainly as soon as I bend down to pick it up, the rest of my things will follow that bag to the ground.

I was tired, chilly from the cold night breeze that blew at my bare arms, and would do anything just to be in my dorm at the minute. I figured life wasn't planning on treating me so kindly at the minute when the faint droplets of rain begin falling from the dark sky and soaking into my skin. "You've got to be kidding me?!"

Just as I was about to bend down to pick up my bag, I got distracted by the crunches of footsteps behind me. There was someone there. Their steps were heavy and a tall shadow cast itself over me as I stood with my back towards the person.

Saliva fell down my throat when I gulped hard, not liking the fact I was out on my own in the pitch black with some person who I wasn't sure was. It could be anyone. Maybe a person that didn't even go to this campus.

I close my eyes when I feel the presence of someone right behind me. They're so close to me that I can feel the warmth of their body heat.

"Quick. You're going to freeze out here,"

My eyes then reopen when I hear the voice of Louis. Thank God. My heart begins beating back at a normal speed and I sigh a breath of relief.

He picks my fallen bag up off the floor, closes my boot then ushers me forwards with his hand.

"Thanks," I mutter, shivering too much for my words to be clear when the rain hardens and quickens.

I find it quite funny how we've both gone from walking, to speed walking, to then jogging in the space of approximately ten seconds. Louis looks down at me, the hood of his dark grey hoodie covering his hair, laughing like I am at us both running through the pouring down rain like utter idiots. I already know just how stupid I look when I run.

We eventually get into the LAC building. My bags are wet. My hair is wet. My clothes are wet. I, am completely soaked.

"You look so great right now," Louis teases, looking me up and down with my bag still clasped tightly in his hand.

My elbow comes into contact with his ribs, "Shut up." When I was about to say the same to him, I stopped, realising that he actually looked really good at the minute. His face was wet, his hair was shinning with water since his hood had dropped down when we were running, and it was all messed up, quite...attractively.

"Why don't you take a picture? It will last longer," his cliché words ring through my ears, and suddenly, my elbow digs him in the ribs once again. "I'm just so gorgeous, aren't I?"

I shake my head as I tut, "No Lou."

We laugh in sync as we walk down the corridors of college, it being so unusually quiet.

"Why are you back anyway? Marshall said we could just come back tomorrow morning as long as we were in time for first lesson. I'd have though you would have wanted to spend as much time as possible with your family."

I smile at the fact he had realised the importance to me of my family, which means he actually did listen to me when I told him. Usually boys would snub things off like that.

"I was going to, but as you can tell by how quiet it is, everyone comes back last minute. Meaning, tomorrow morning-"

"-The traffic around campus is going to be terrible and most likely nowhere to park," he finishes off what I was saying, clearly having the same idea. This was the point I realised that he had come back early also.

"Exactly that," I grin, quite shocked that we had both had the same idea.

"That being the reason I'm back today. You see, great minds think alike," Louis tells me, sending a wink in my direction. I just smile and shake my head at him as we walk.

One of his hands is fitted into his jacket pocket as he walks,  whereas the other dangles casually by his side. I notice then that I'm watching him again and quickly look away.

"Were the same, me and you," Louis speaks, to which I feel baffled at his words. I don't think I've ever noticed anything similar between me and Louis other than the fact were the same age.

"Yeah? And how'd you work that one out?" I raise an eyebrow.

"You'll realise soon enough."

I laugh off his comment, only for a yawn to escape my lips. It's clear I am drained, and when I see the door of my room a relieved feeling enters my body. It was hitting 10.30pm and I needed some sleep in order for me to get up tomorrow.

"Thanks for helping me with my bags," I tell Louis when we stop outside my room.

"Anytime Hudson, anytime."

I laugh at his use of my surname whilst shaking my head.

"Good night Louis,"

Louis nods as he hands me back my bag,  "Night."