Chapter Three: Master and Servant

Start from the beginning

"No, it would put you in too much danger" Nanaho ordered, not allowing it to be discussed any further, but Ama stepped out of his now weak hug and looked up at him, determination in her aqua green eyes.

"Yes I am, whether you like it or not Haru-kun. I want to help Shady-san" she said, her voice matching the emotion in her eyes. I sighed at the gain of the honourific and rubbed the back of my neck, I hate doing this...

"Haruka... Please" I begged in a low voice, I tense my jaw at saying one of the words I rarely said. Ama and Nanaho's eyes widened as they both stared at me.

"Shadow..." Nanaho whispered my name surprised at what I just said, it was clear he was debating the whole idea. Eventually he groaned and dropped his head in defeat, knowing that he couldn't win against Ama's stubbornness. Ama understood this and jumped up in victory, whooping loudly. I turned to Lancer and patted his one exposed shoulder.

"... Good luck" I said with a crooked smile.

...

Lancer stood in the middle of the pentagram on the roof while me and Ama stood on the outside of it. Ama behind with her arms stretched out towards him and me in front with my hands casually in my hoodie pocket.

"Shadow you need to chant the summoning ritual!" Nanaho yelled from the garden below us. Sighing, I opened my mouth but Nanaho's voice came out instead.

"And do it with a bit more enthusiasm!" Groaning I pulled my hands out of my pockets and reached out my left hand towards Lancer and began chanting in a bored voice.

"Let silver and steel be the essence.

Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation.

Let red be the colour I pay tribute to.

Let rise a wall against the wind that shall fall.

Let the four cardinal gates close.

Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate."

Ama joined in on the last part, sealing her Prana into the contract.

"Let it be filled. Again. Again. Again. Again.

Let it be filled fivefold for every turn, simply breaking asunder with every filling."

My Command Spells glowed and shimmered on my outstretched hand as the pentagram's same red glow circled up Lancer's tall body like flames, almost masking him completely. My left hand began to shake and I quickly grabbed my wrist with my right hand for support. I shifted my gaze from the marks and the spiralling light red flames around Lancer to Ama who was engulfed in aqua blue Prana that was now merging with the pentagram's fire that was now reaching for me. With gritted teeth I allowed the crimson flickering arm to take my hand and I felt Lancer's and Ama's powerful Prana connect with mine.

Then the immense colours faded away into all three of us, sealing the contract as Lancer calls it.

Ama collapsed to her knees from the huge strain on her body and Nanaho jump up on the low roof to pick her up, he spared a glance at me before he took her back inside. Concerned about Ama, I took a step forward but wobbled back from the dizziness that passed through my head. Quickly shaking it away, I glanced back at Lancer who was frowning at his hand that was facing the ground like he was expecting something to jump up from beneath it.

"... Are you doing?" I asked mildly interested in his actions which was different as I've never cared what people do. His amber eyes flickered on me before concentrating back on his unknown objective.