Ben... (My Weird Life Part Seven)

I opened my eyes and the pain of my stomach came flooding back. I clenched my jaw and looked around. I saw Macey, tears in her eyes.

"Kyle, I'm so sorry but your mom," She lost control and sobs over took her. I felt the hot prickle of tears.

"What happened to my mom?" I asked standing up. She couldn't speak, she could only cry. "No, no no she isn't dead, Macey tell me she isn't dead!" She looked at me as tears silently fell from her face. I stormed outside, where it was raining, and I dropped to my knees. I just cried. I screamed out, picked up and rock and threw it as hard as I could. Mason and Carlie ran out and grabbed my arms and pulled me back inside. Once inside I began destroying things. I upturned tables, I threw chairs across the room, and I broke bottles. Mason grabbed my arms and held them behind me as I struggled against his grip. I let my head fall as Mason kept my arms back. I looked up to see Macey, June, Julia, and Carlie looking at me, sorrow filling their gaze. Mason let my arms go and I fell on the floor and curled up into a ball. Macey came over and kneeled beside me.

"Who did it?" I asked quietly not even looking up at her.

"Ben and Sky," She said quietly. I closed my eyes and swore I would make them pay one day. Macey sat down on the ground and stayed with me while the rest of them went away. "I'm so sorry, I wish I could've saved her," She whispered as I sat up. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly, and I hugged her back. "She was the best mom." Macey looked into my eyes. I nodded in agreement as the pain in my stomach came back. Later that day Mason drove all of us to my house. Trigger ran up to me but didn't hop on me. Instead he stayed by my side, not leaving me. Macey brought everyone into the living room and let them sit and talk. I walked down a hall to my mom's room. I slowly opened up the door, there I saw all of her stuff. Her bed made, her papers in neat stacks, her closet clean and tidy. I walked in but Trigger stopped at the door. I walked up to her bed and there sat a piece of paper.

I know you want to get us back. Tonight we will be out by the park. Come and lets see who will win this fight. Ben's hasty writing sprawled out the note. I crumpled the note in my hand and threw it across the room. I walked over to her closet where on the top shelf was a box. I reached up and pulled it down. I sat on the bed and opened it. The box had three pictures in it. I picked up the first one, it was my mom and dad on their wedding day. The next one was a picture of my mom cradling me in her arms. The last one was one of my mom. She was holding up her hand, but part of the picture was torn off. I put the box back in the closet and stumbled up to my room. I walked in and closed the door behind me and fell onto my bed. I pulled the blankets over my head and stayed like that.

Kyle, can I come in? Macey's voice filtered into my head some time later.

If you want. I didn't move but I heard her come in. She sat on the edge of my bed and put her hand on my leg.

"Hey, you doing ok?" She asked and pulled the blanket off of my head. I nodded but didn't sit up. "You need something to eat, come on I will make some chicken noodle soup," She said and pulled me to my feet. She sat me down on the couch and Trigger hopped up. He laid his big, pit bull head on my lap and looked up at me. Macey walked over and sat on the couch next to me. "Do you think it's time?" Macey looked at Trigger, I swear he nodded. Trigger stood up and shook, wings slowly folded outwards. My eyes widened slightly and Macey smiled and Trigger wagged his tail.

"Just to add to that I can talk!" Trigger's spoke. He licked my face and began shaking with happiness.

"You can... Speak?" I asked slowly.

"Yeah, it's been hard keeping it a secret from you." He said and pulled his wings back against his body, where they just disappeared. Trigger laid his head down on my lap an fell asleep with me stroking his head. Macey say down next to me and put on a calm movie. Once we were done with the movie Macey had fallen asleep. It was pretty late, then I remembered that note. I stood up slowly and crept to my mom's room, I got the note and shoved it in my pocket, then I headed for the door. As I walked past the living room Macey almost woke up, I stopped in my tracks. Her body relaxed and I left, quietly hitting the door behind me. I headed towArds the park. Once there I saw Ben and Sky leaning against the swing set. I never even hesitated, I walked right over and faces them in the dark.