Chapter Twenty Two

We arrived at Aunt Nic's when I stopped Carson from getting out of the car.

"Carson" I said opening the door. "I'll just go...You go home, it's not safe driving at night." I said getting out of the car. I didn't gave him the chance to speak because I already left and went at the front door ringing the doorbell. I waited for a few seconds while I watched Carson drive off.

"Carter?" I turned around and saw Aunt Nicola standing there looking at me confuse.

"Hi" I whispered.

"What're you doing here?" She stepped asideJo and open the door wider gesturing me to come in but I didn't move.

"Can I stay here?" I looked at her and she nodded. I stepped inside taking off my shoes. It's warm in here. I sat on the couch bringing my knees up to my chest staring at the TV.

"Who're you with when you got here?" She sitted beside me.

"Carson" I said still staring at the TV.

"Are you hungry?"

"Nope, M'fine"

She frowned at me." Carter, Is everything okay?" I looked at her.

" Yeah, Why wouldn't it be?... I'm tired, I'm going to bed" I said standing up and walking away but then she stopped me.

"You can tell me you know, I'll understand" I turned around.

"No one will understand me." I said coldly before going upstairs, to the guestroom and collapse in bed burrying my head in the pillow. What's happening to you Carter? You've been a total bitch earlier? Do I have to apologize? but I'm not in the mood right now. I feel my phone vibrate signaling that I have a text message.I pulled my phone out of my pocket and and read the message.

From: Carson

Mam's not talking to me. Did she texted you?

I groaned upon reading the text feeling kinda irritated by the way mam is acting.I replied to his text.

To:Carson

Nope. Just sleep it off.

I placed my phone on the bedside table and went to the bathroom to change into my pajamas. After that I sat in the middle of the bed when Aunt Nicola come in the room.

"Carter, your mum's on the phone babe." She said. Honestly, I don't feel like talking right now so I pretended to be sleepy.

"I'm tired and sleepy" I yawned. I pulled the covers above me so she can't see my face. I heard her sigh.

" Okay, Goodnight" She whispers turning the lights off and closing the door. I'm left in the dark with no one to hold me. Thoughts starting invading my head and I hated it. I'm only young but I have so many problems and questions that needs answers. How will I tell the whole family that I'll die soon? How will I act around people them without giving me sympathy looks? If my fans will know, will they still support me till the end or just let me go. When I die, will the people I knew remember me? Questions like that just keep playing around my head torturing me. I closed my eyes and attempt to fall asleep but I can't. I sat up and take my phone from the bedside table and called Carson hoping he's still awake. I rest my back on the headboard while I wait for him to answer.

'Hello? Carter?' He said.

'Hi' I whispered making sure to keep my voice low so that Aunt Nicola will not know I'm still awake.

'Is everything alright? He asked.

'I can't sleep' I whispered.

'Me too' He sighed.I smiled.

'Dad texted me earlier saying he was sorry.' My eyes widen.

'You got dad's number?'

'Yea'

'And you didn't gave it to me?' I hear him laugh.

'Sorry, I was about to give it you when we arrived at Aunt Nic's but you didn't gave me the chance to speak.' He giggled.

'Oh so it's my fault now' I said pretending to be angry.

'I didn't said that' He said. I smile

'Well I'll be having that when I get home tomorrow' I rubbed my eyes feeling kinda tired.

'Okay'

'So everything okay there?' I asked

'Not sure, mam's still not talking to me' He sigh.

'Let her cool off, She'll eventually talk to you... to us' I yawned.

'Someone's already a bit tired?' I giggled at him.

'Yeah, my eyes are' I whispered.I slid under the covers and closed my eyes.

'Okay, go to sleep'

'I will, Thanks big brother' I whispered.

'Goodnight' He whispered and with that he hung up. I sleepily placed my phone on the bedside table still my eyes closed and finally falling asleep.

-------------------------------------------------

I woke up and went to the bathroom for an early shower and put on my shorts and a longsleeve top.Grabbing my phone,  I went downstairs for breakfast and hear chatting in the kitchen so I went there to see Aunt Kim, Aunt Sarah and Aunt Nic chatting at the counter. I shrugged and just get a glass of water and head out. I sat on the couch bringing my knees up to my chest and turning on the TV. I felt someone sat beside me so I turned my head and saw Aunt Sarah looking at me. I turned the TV off and drank the glass of water.

"How're you feeling" I just shrugged putting the glass of water on the table in front of me.

"Let's talk" She said. I looked at her.

"About what?" I looked at my phone. I can feel AuntKim and Aunt Nic.watching us.

"About the way you're acting." I didn't speak. I just looked at my phone."Why are being like this. Nic told us you're being so cold lately. You're not like that." She scolded me. No one can scold me except her.

"People change" I whispered. She frowned at me. I feel a lump behind my throat.

"What's gotten into you" She said in frustration. I stood up walking away but she stopped me.

"Where are you going? We're not done yet." I stopped feeling tears were about to come out. I heard her sigh

"Come on babe, let's talk. I'll understand" she said. I turn around not taking it anymore.

"No, you'll never understand..." She looked at me shock as I speak tears in my eyes." ...That's easy for you to say because you're not the one that has to deal with the fact that you're gonna die in less than 3 months..." This time the other girls showed up. "...You're not the one that has to hide and pretend that everythings okay because it's not... it's not okay, I'm not okay, everything's not okay. Even mam's not talking to us because of me and I don't know what to do anymore." I wiped my tears.

Silence fills the air. No one knows what to say. I turned around ready to walk but then I felt a sharp pain in my head then everything went black

-------------------------------------------------