ELEVEN

After going back to the trailer, which was thankfully empty, and grabbing everything I needed, I drove to Sweetwater River.
Jason was sat on top of the hood of his cherry convertible, parked on a patch of grass large enough to fit both of our cars.
I pulled in next to him before getting out and joining him on the cars hood.
Jason looked over to me as he spoke.

"Polly called."
"And?" I questioned, looking out at the rushing water.
"She said, and I quote, 'I was going to come with or without Parker, and nothing has changed'. She'll meet us on the highway off of route 40," Jason said, revealing more of the plan. I nodded absentmindedly, playing with my fingers.
"Jay? Why-why do you want me to come with you?" I asked quietly, laying back on the hood. I pulled my bottom lip into my mouth nervously as Jason laid back too, pulling me into his side. 
He looked down at me, a calm look on his face.
"Because you're different, you're not like the other people in Riverdale. You don't hide who you are, and that makes it easy to read you."
I bit my lip, turning my head down.
"And what do I say?"
"That you'd rather be anywhere else than here." I laughed, fully agreeing.
"Yeah, I would."
"And-" Jason cut himself off, causing me to look up at him curiously.
"And, what?"
"And because, for some reason, I care about you. I care about you in a way I haven't cared about anyone else."

I rolled my bottom lip into my mouth, trying to contain my smile

"You, care," I paused, " about me?"
Jason laughed lightly.
"Yeah, I do. Is that so hard to believe?"
"No, no. It's just-it's just not many people care about me as a friend," I said, trying to hide my disappointment. The fact that for a second I thought he cared about me as more than just a friend was unbelievable, as there was no way it was more than platonic.
"No," Jason laughed again, "I care about you as my girlfriend."
"But I'm not-"
"As far as I'm concerned, this 'boyfriend and girlfriend' thing isn't just some ploy to get your father to help me. It might have been that in the beginning but, I really-and I mean really- like you," Jason said nervously. My heart stopped and I could feel my face heat up.
"Oh," I stuttered, squealing like a little girl in my head.
"I get it if you don't feel the same way. I mean, it was a stretch even thinking it, I mean you're Manic Jones and anyone could understand how no one is good enough for you-"
I cut him off by turning my head and kissing him, wrapping my arms around his neck as he placed his hands on my waist in shock.
Slowly I moved on top of him, sitting on his lap as he sat up, my knees on either side of him.
We pulled back for air and I smiled, laughing.
"What," he panted, "was that for?"
"Shut up."

After being at Sweetwater river for over an hour-totally weren't making out or anything-we finally left.
Jason got into his convertible while I got into my impala and we drove to Thornhill Manor. Cheryl was waiting by the door for us when we arrived, a worried look on her face.
"What's wrong?" I asked, dropping the bag I was carrying to the ground and hurrying over to her.
"I was at the school to figure some things out for the River Vixens, and a couple of serpents showed up, Maddie. They were looking for you, and from what I can tell you're dad is pissed." I clenched my jaw, not believing that my father would send gang members to a school of all places.
Sure, it was already the end of June, the twenty seventh to be exact, but their were kids there for sports. The most idiotic part of it was the fact that I didn't even go to Riverdale High. I went to school on the south side.
My father knew that if I was going to be with someone, then it wouldn't be anyone from the south side since most of them were in the gang.
"I can't believe him," I grit out, "they didn't do anything, right?"
"No, just scared the shit out of some freshmen. But, Manic, I don't think you're dad is gonna stop until you talk to him." We all shared a look, knowing what had to be done.
We all made our way to Jason's room, the two Blossom's helping me carry my things up, before trying to figure out the next part of our plan.
Cheryl and I were sat at the top of Jason's bed while Jason paced at the end of it.
"I need to go and talk to him. He's not gonna stop until I do," I said, crossing my arms and leaning into Cheryl. Cheryl did the same, muttering under her breath about how this was simply awful.
"Or until you're dead," Cheryl cut in, raising her eyebrows as if to say 'you know I'm right' when Jason shot a glare her way
"Seriously, not helping Cher," Jason said, stopping his pacing before face planting on the bed. Cheryl and I rolled our eyes in sync at his overdramatic ways.
"No, I have to talk to him before. I might not want to, but I would never forgive myself for faking my death while on bad terms with him." I decided.
"Fine, but you're not going alone." Jason agreed, Cheryl scoffing at him.
"Yeah, and who's going with her? I could never be caught there, and I'm pretty sure FP would murder you," Cheryl said, pointing out the obvious. Jason looked offended but I couldn't help but to agree.
"She's right, Jay. If she came everyone would know something was up, and my father really doesn't like you. He's only helping you because of me."
"Fine, but we both will be at Pop's then. We'll meet there after, and I want you to text me when you get there. If you haven't texted again for more than twenty minutes after then I'll come and get you myself," Jason complied, shocking me with how worried he had become. The serpents were still my family, it's not like they would hurt me. Right?
No, I can't think like that. FP may be a shifty person, but doing something to harm his child was just a whole other thing. He would never swoop that low.
"If she doesn't text then both of us will come and get her. We may have just met, but you're already family Madelyn," Cheryl added, grabbing onto my hand comfortingly.
Jason nodded in agreement with his twin.
"Okay then, tomorrow at five o'clock. I'll be at the diner by no later than five forty-five, and I'll have texted you guys fifteen minutes before then."
"And if you don't, then we'll be at Whyte Wyrm at five forty-five."

I've updated four times in the past two days and I'm honestly impressed with myself. And can we have a moment for all the money I'm about to spend on this makeup? And also thank god for discount codes, because even 10% is better than 0% off.

 And can we have a moment for all the money I'm about to spend on this makeup? And also thank god for discount codes, because even 10% is better than 0% off