Hold on [r] ☀︎

Hope you enjoy!

Reggies pov

Loving and fighting
Accusing, uniting
I can't imagine a world with you gone
The joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of
I'd be so lost if you left me alone

I was on vacation with my family. I was wanting to bring y/n but I couldn't because it was just family this time. I've been trying to call her for the past week but all I've been getting was her voicemail greeting.
  Before I left, y/n and I got in fight. I was yelling such rude things to her and I feel so bad. She didn't say goodbye but before I left she texted me saying she loves me and I said it back but she never said anything since then.
  So here I am now at the airport flying back home to go see y/n. I just want to know if she's okay.

You locked yourself in the bathroom
Lying on the floor when I break through
I pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming "please don't leave me"

I finally got to her house to see her parents weren't home so I went straight up to her room.
She wasn't in there but I saw her bathroom door closed so I knocked on the door but heard nothing. I was growing nervous now as I stood up high to get the key above the door. When I finally broke through there she was on the floor with an empty bottle of pills in her hand. I immediately dropped down to my knees to pull her head to my chest. My head went down to her chest to hear her heart beat, there was a faint one but slowing down on every beat. I just wish she can hear me now just screaming for her to please don't leave me.

Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you

~ Flashback
I layed in my bed thinking about my best friend, y/n. She was the sweetest person ever but...she changed. She was all dark and depressed, I tried calling her but she never picked up or answered back the voicemails I would give her constantly. She didn't come to school this whole week, that's why I've been thinking about her a lot. I love y/n and I just want her to be okay.
I knocked on her door and saw that her mom opened it up.
"Reggie, long time no see!" She said as she hugged me. I smiled down at her and asked if y/n was home.
"Ya she is, hasn't come out of her since last week." She said sadly. I nodded and started up to her room and knocked softly.
"Y/n, can I come in?" I said with a worried tone.
"I came to see if you're okay, I miss you." The door opened to find a girl that's broken and hurt. My face fell at the sight in front of me.
"It hurts so much Reggie." She said as I pulled her into a hug to make her feel safe and make sure she feels like her walls aren't crumbling down.
"Don't worry baby, everything will okay." I said as I took her hand and led her to the bed and layed her down softly where I layed right next to her.
"I love you so much and I personally swear to love you all my life because I need you everyday to make me smile. So will you be my girlfriend?" I saw a slight smile come upon her features. She nodded a yes as I pulled her into a tight hug and kissed her forehead where she went to sleep and woke up bright in early the next day for school.
~ End of flashback

A long endless highway, you're silent beside me
Drivin' a nightmare I can't escape from
Helplessly praying, the light isn't fadin'
Hiding in the shock and the chill in my bones

I drove down the streets of the highway as y/n layed still, her eyes closed, her mouth parted and chapped, beside me in a uncomfortable silence. Tears were running down my cheeks as I was hoping that this was just a nightmare and just hoping that she doesn't give just yet. I tried to keep calm when we got to the parking lot of the hospital but I can't hide it anymore.

They took you away on a table
I pace back and forth as you lay still
I pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming, "please don't leave me"

We got in the hospital as y/n layed limp in my arms. The doctors and nurses immediately took her away on a hospital bed, I walked back and forth whispering words that I hope that come true. I remember me pulling her close to me just to hear her heartbeat one day and say "please don't ever leave me."

Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you

I sat on the chairs next to my mom as I cried on her shoulder. She rubbed my back for comfort as she kept saying that y/n was strong and she can get through this. She never gives up.
Flashback
I sat on the bleachers as I was watching y/n play basketball with our team. She was doing great compared to all the other players. We were at 21-35 with one quarter left. Y/n went left and right with the ball until she made a half court shot with the ball and got us 3 more points, so now we're at 24-35. Then y/n just kept going with it, and soon enough we were tied 35-35. We only have one minute left on the clock and I looked at y/n and saw how stressed and tired she was. I got up and went over to her and make sure she was okay. I grabbed her water and pulled her into my arms.
"I'm not giving us just yet, Reggie. I don't ever give up!" I smiled down at her and kissed her.
"That's my girl."
And she didn't give up we won to 38-35!
~ End of flashback

I don't wanna let go
I know I'm not that strong
I just wanna hear you
Saying baby, let's go home
Let's go home
Yeah, I just wanna take you home

I sat next to her as I held her hand as I whispered the still hoping true words 'please don't leave me.' I kissed her hand tenderly and wiped my tears away.
"I hope you can hear me baby, but I get it if you want to give up now, you worked so hard everyday and you never gave up. You're tired and if you need to give up now, it's okay if you need to because I'll still be here and I know that you'll be here with me to. I love you sooo much y/n y/m/n y/l/n. You were my first love and will always be my last love." I said as a tear slipped down my face onto hers as I leaned down and kissed her lips, her cold lips that will never feel the same.
I smiled but it dawned to me that she was gone as I heard the line go dead.
I kissed her forehead and smiled softly.
"Goodbye my princess."

Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you