Chapter Twenty

You, Layla, Sebastian, and Layla's parents all stood in front of the airport.

"Are you sure you want to super speed back to Mission Creek?" Layla asked, looking at you. You nodded, your hair moving with the movement of your head.

"It's the only thing that'll keep me from having to return to the Academy." You looked at Layla and her parents, avoiding catching Sebastian's eyes.

Layla nodded and wrapped her arms around you, surprising you with the strength of her hug. You hugged the Hawaiian back, relaxing.

"See you on the other side?" asked Layla, her hands on your shoulders and looked at your eyes.

"See you there."

And with those words, you saluted to the family and friend before running.

And that was when you realized how much you missed the feeling of using your bionics. The wind in your hair, catching in between the strands of your hair, pushing back. There was so much wind resistance, you were sure that you'd cause a sonic boom from how fast you were going.

It was around the middle of the Pacific ocean, that you suddenly dropped dead.

~~~

Chase stood, watching the waves crash upon the shore. He and the students had nearly died that day from the virus that Krane had implanted in with the triton app.

That was when something in the ocean caught his eye.

A form of someone... swimming. No, not swimming. Running.

Someone with bionics. It had to have been unless Harry Styles was just casually going for a run in the middle of the Pacific.

There was only one person that was missing from the academy at that time.

Chase stood up, his heart pounding quickly in his chest. He quickly calculated where you'd be when you would pass the academy.

He swam out to where it would end up. Your form came closer and rammed into Chase so hard that Chase was sure that he broke his nose.

You were both submerged in the cold Pacific water, which wasn't a problem for you since you could breathe underwater. However, that posed a problem if Chase hadn't been the culprit of your stopping.

You brought both you and the male who was latched on to you as though you were his teddy bear.

"Chase?" you asked the person latched on to you. He separated from you just enough for his green-hazel eyes to look into your own.

"Is it really you?" he asked, his hands moving from your sides to your arms, then to your shoulders, then finally your face, cupping your cheeks.

You felt sick to your stomach while at the same time, your heart lept your chest when you saw his eyes.

Sick, because you knew that you were sent back to Hell, but happy because you were looking at the person you loved and missed dearly the entire time that you had been gone.

"Chase!" you shouted, wrapping your arms around him and tugging him to you. He wrapped his arms back around you and held you to his chest.

You could feel his warm breath on your neck as you felt your heart breaking and reforming all at the same time: A feeling of happiness and relief. His scruff of facial hair brushed your nape and your legs hit each other as you attempted to keep your head above water.

"Oh my, God, (First Name)," he whispered, disconnecting from you just enough so he could cup your cheek with his right hand. "Where have you been?"