Everything Disney- SCARY MOVIES?!

Well hey there! Before I get to my column, I only have a few things to talk about:

1. WOAH! Have we gotten more readers?! Maybe it's just me, but I personally think our followers have increased! Which is amazing! This encourages me to work harder, since more people will be reading and I'll have satisfy more people. So, tell your friends about this magazine! Perhaps you'll get more and better columns from me... Just sayin'.

2. You've probably noticed that next to my column, I have the name of the topic that will be discussed. I decided that this would be easier for you guys, so that if you see that the topic is something that you're not interested in, you can casually scroll down past it. (Even though I'd rather you'd at least TRY to read it!)

So yeah, that's actually it. Now onto the actual article:

We know and love the Disney for the nice and sweet stories we used to listen to when we were younger. (I actually still do) But there are times where Disney may go...overboard. Maybe they have too much fun with the stories... I don't know! But what I do know is that there is such a thing as a scary (or inappropriate) Disney movie. Here are my top five:

5. Fantasia (Both Versions): Okay, so I know Fantasia isn't really a movie. It technically just displays different symphonies with short stories to them, and the symphonies basically tell the story. I also know that Fantasia is supposed to be beautiful and it is, but it isn't always... to me. I mean, when one of the versions has the most evil creature Walt Disney ever created (Chernabog) you kind of start to think about it. However, it does hold some of the most memorable moments of Disney history, like the Broom Scene with Mickey, and it does have some magnificent and gorgeous scenes, so that's why this movie barely even made it on the list.

4. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: I know I'm going to get a lot of hate on me putting this movie on the list, but everyone knows by now that I don't like the movie at all. I won't go into much details, but lets just say that I have plenty reasons as to why I hate this movie. Seriously though, it's only number four! So onto the reasons as to why this movie is on here. Maybe it's because the movie isn't really bright (the colors are just dull and yes I know that it's an old movie) making it seem dark or maybe it's just the story. I'm sorry though, but I just find the part where the Evil Queen turns into the hag creepy. Plus, think about how the ride at Disney World was made scary, and the imagineers didn't even mean to! They had to change the name of it just to warn kids!

3. The Black Cauldron: It's not a very well known movie, but it's quite infamous. I mean, many people know of it, it's just that not many have actually seen the movie. If you have though, you might agree with me that this movie has its creepy moments. I personally think that most of the characters are freaky (Sorry, that includes Gurgi! Just not my idea of cute. And his voice is weird.) and the Horned King is and will always be the freakiest character. I'm actually surprised he isn't as popular as Chernabog. I think the Horned King is far more freaky looking than Chernabog. To get back on track here, the movie overall just has that eerie feeling to it.

2. The Nightmare Before Christmas: Maybe it's because Tim Burton directed this movie, (What?! Tim Burton has creepy movies... But they're awesome!) but this movie is plain scary. Not much to it. But here's the thing: I mean, this movie was meant to be scary. Plus Oogie Boogie is freaky, you know? Did you know that instead of there being bugs inside of him, that there was supposed to be a character from the movie? Won't say who though! I also have to say that Lock, Shock, and Barrel (The three super annoying kids that everyone hates and are basically the henchmen of Ooogie Boogie, but they don't get in trouble at the end like a normal kid would) are creepy. Seriously, they all look like freakin Smiley!

1. The Hunchback of Notre Dame: It's not that this movie is scary (Except for Judge Claude Frollo), but it's so inappropriate that it's scary. Well that is, for Disney it's inappropriate. To any other company it would probably be fine. However, do you know the reason why Claude Frollo wanted to get rid of Esmeralda? Here's his reason to God: He was apparently "in love" with her... Actually more obsessed and it's driving him crazy. He believed this was a sin and thought that in order to get rid of this "sin", he had to get ride of Esmeralda. Here's the actual reason: He was angry that Esmeralda rejected him and thought that since he couldn't have her, nobody could. It makes you look at the whole a movie in a different way, right? Plus, when one of the songs is called "Hellfire", you know it's not a normal Disney movie. Oh yeah, and this whole movie was rated "G." Trust me, I LOVE Hunchback of Notre Dame, but it's definitely Disney's darkest and deepest movie ever made.

There you go! Maybe they weren't all scary, but just evil and dark. Hope you guys liked this column and I am already planning a pretty rockin' column next week! You guys will soon see what I mean!