Chapter 39.1

I glanced over my shoulder at the clock on the wall. "6:30" I said in a sigh. I finished up the last bit of my makeup and grabbed my purse that was sitting beside me. There was a slight knock at the door, which my made me smile. I knew it had to be Trey picking me up for the Christmas party tonight. I fixed my hair and gained a little composure before opening the door. "Hey sexy." Trey said looking me up and down. "You ready to go?" I nodded and grabbed the few gifts I bought for everyone off the table. I stepped outside and locked the door behind me. Once I got all the gifts settled in the back of Trey's car, we took off towards Augusts', making me nerovus by the second.

"You alright?" Trey asked glancing over to me. I nodded. "Yeah Im fine, why?" He shrugged. "Your just really quiet, it's unlike you." He said in a chuckle. I smirked a little. "You know you killin that dress right?"(OUTFIT IN EXTERNAL LINK) He asked licking his lips, looking up and down. I shook my head. "Thank you and I know." I pushed my hair over the top of my shoulder and smiled. Trey chuckled and shook his head. "So how long are we staying tonight?" I took a deep breath and shrugged.

"I don't know..you don't wanna stay until it's over?" Trey smirked. "We could, or we could leave a little early and celebrate together, if you know what I mean." I chuckled. "No, that's off limits." Trey sighed. "All of a sudden your off limits, what brought that on all of a sudden?" "Just drive." I said looking out the window. Since the last time I slept with August, I haven't done anything sexual with Trey because it just didn't feel right. I just couldn't hop into bed with him knowing what I did.

My phone vibrated in my lap, clearing my head from all thoughts. I glanced down at my screen to see I had a message from Kerri.

KERRI(6:49pm)-"I just got to Augusts' house, you on the way yet?"

ME(6:50pm)-"Me and Trey are like 2 mins. away, is Ellis there yet?"

KERRI(6:52pm)-Sadly, yeah he's here with his boo from Florida.

I chuckled a little to myself.

ME(6:53pm)-Alright, be there soon.

I dropped my phone in my bag and sat back in my seat. For some reason, I just kept getting a bad feeling about tonight. Besides the fact that August needed to pick me or Ariana today, I just had a strange feeling about this party. "I turn here right??" Trey asked, taking me out of my thoughts. "Uh, yeah, make a right, right here." Trey nodded and turned. I looked out the window to see us turning up to August's house. I took a deep breath as we approched the gate.

"Ms.Simone, it's nice to see you." Brutus said standing at the gate. I smiled. "And it's always nice to see you too, how was your vacation?"Brutus nodded. "It was great, thanks for asking, can I take your invite?" I nodded and handed my invite over to Trey, who passed it to Brutus through the window. Brutus smiled. "Alright, have fun." He entered the code, and the gate opened, letting us up to the driveway.

Once we parked, I noticed a few cars beside us. "Big party huh?" Trey asked undoing his seatbelt. "Seems like it." I mumbled. I looked over at Trey as he took the keys out the igniton. "Oh, you found your house keys I see." Trey shook his head. "Nah, I had my landlord make me another copy." I frowned. "Sooo your key is still missing." Trey shrugged. "I guess so, but whatever, I got another." "Trey, somebody has a key to your house and your not worried about this?" Trey sighed. "Simone it's fine okay? I got everything under control, Im changing my locks in a few days. Just relax and let's go inside."

I sighed and nodded. "Alright fine, let's go." I grabbed my purse out of my lap and stepped out of the car. Once Trey locked up the car, he walked over to me and grabbed my hand. "You ready?" I nodded. We walked down the cobblestone path and up to Augusts' door. I started to feel a little nervous, I knew that I couldn't turn back now and that's what scared me. I rang the door bell twice and waited for a answer.