CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

Rhea's POV:

"I see... so that's what happened."

Kronos nodded, a sad smile gracing his lips. "I thought I lost you. If you died, I don't know what I would have done. Usually, if your mate dies, you end up going crazy. Your wolf ends up insane with grief and will make you suicidal," he whimpered out.

My heart clenched, hating to see my mate in pain. I pecked him on the cheek, trying to apologize for what I put him through.

We had just woken up and washed ourselves up. Now, we're just sitting on my hospital bed, waiting for the doctors check up.

Kronos was filling me in on what I had missed during the six months as I was out. I had no idea that Rain was holding my heat back during my coma. It explained why she sounded she was in pain.

Turns out, Rain had held back my heat for so long that it's practically over. I'm going to have to wait another six months for the next one to occur. Though, if me and Kronos ever mated, that's the only time I could get pregnant and have his pups.

However, on rare occasions, females can still get pregnant even though they aren't in heat.

I blushed at the thought, but shook it off. We haven't even marked each other yet, so we have to take things at a slow pace right?

"How about Fortrista? Anything about her?" I asked, wary about her existence.

Kronos shook his head. "While you were in a coma, she didn't make any movement. I plan to speak to Azrael and Coco about her as soon as you get enough rest."

I cocked my head. "But I've rested enough?"

"Not to me you have. I almost lost you. I can't bare the thought of losing you again. Just thinking about it... makes me go crazy." He whispered, leaning his head on my shoulder.

Frowning, I continued to protest. "We just woke up from napping together, Kronos. I'm not as weak as you think."

Kronos stared at me, before saying, "I've never said you were weak, Rhea. You are not only strong, but you're brave. Beautiful, and intelligent. You're everything I want and more. But rest doesn't mean just sleep. It means taking it easy. Relaxing. Doing things that takes your mind off things. But... if you insist, I don't control you. You're free to do as you please."

Stunned by his words, I quickly retreated my words.

I cannot believe he just said that but he's right... I just woke up from a 6 month coma.

'Only took flattery for you to break, hmm?' Rain teased.

'Oh, shut up. At least he cares for my well being.' I responded.

"Alright, I'll rest for today. But as soon as I am able to, I would like to prepare for the impossible. We have to expect the unexpected. Even if it's a battle with her. Sound good?" I said, smiling as I stroked his back.

Kronos smiled in return. "Sounds like a deal to me."

Leaning onto Kronos's chest, I nuzzled my face into his shirt and let out a sigh of satisfaction. He moved my hair to the side, inhaling my scent. I knew it was to calm his inner beast down, so I let him do as he pleased. Kronos was waiting for the right time to mark me, it was very sweet of him to do so.