why did you leave? // matty

🌸 for televisionwitnosound !!

☘ go read "hard feelings" if you haven't, and then it's sequel, "loveless" pls !! (1st story was originally titled 'angelic')

☄ go read my rant and poem book !

//

"y/n." matty spoke, his voice was hoarse. his eyes were puffy and his breath reeked of alcohol.
"i can't do this anymore." he finally let the words fall from his tongue, they had danced on it's tip for hours, waiting to be spoken.
"what?" she asked, her eyes went wide, like she was seeing a deer in the headlights.
"you can't, do this anymore?" her breath was speeding up and she was getting dizzy.

"i'm sorry, y/n. but i don't know if i feel the same anymore." he spoke again, his eyes never left the green bottle in which his wine was held.
"i can't believe you, matthew." she spat, he flinched at her words as if she had slapped him. "after everything we've been through."

"i'm so so sorry." tears were falling onto his cheeks and she had the urge to wipe them away, but she knew she couldn't.
"you need to leave, matty." she was at the door with it standing wide open, her hand pointed outside.

he slowly rose from the chair and walked out, muttering about how sorry he was to her as he left. she closed the door and slumped to the floor, he also did the same on the opposite side. both were crying, heaving and sobbing.

*time skip (don't usually do them but it makes sense to the plot/request lol)*

seven months have gone by since matty broke up with y/n that night, on this very day. he still hated himself for it, hated how he misjudged his feelings. because he loved her, holy fuck did he love her, but it didn't matter now.

he was walking down the streets of london, fans would occasionally stop and ask for pictures, which he would grant. even if he wasn't happy with himself, at least he could make others.
he bumped into a tall figure with blonde hair, both saying "sorry" in unison, and matty could have sworn his heart stopped when she turned around.

"y/n." he breathed. his mouth opening and closing, words couldn't find their way to escape this time.
"matty." she spoke with a bitter tone, clearly having not forgiven him.
"baby, y/n. i'm sorry. i'm so so sorry, please can you give me another chance?"
she shook her head, "why should i? you said you didn't feel the same. you shattered my heart into pieces, matthew."
"but now i want to fix them again, i didn't mean it. i realize that now, it was the drugs. it wasn't you, it was me."
both were crying, rain had started to pour and never cared. "please, give me another chance." he whispered, he was close to her now.

she stared at him, all of the memories came flooding back. matty was her first love, the one she did everything with, for the first time. she knew she couldn't just let him go so easily.
"matty, i love you. you know that. and i thought you loved me too." she sighed, "but maybe we can work it out again. because i can't lose you, you're too important to me."

he smiled, "really?" she nodded and he picked her up, twirling her and kissing her.
"i love you, so much." he whispered against her lips.

//

i hope u liked it !! :))

🍃 also request things in the comments or dms and I'll do them for you !