Tobias

Because I am AMAZING, 2 updates today😊

Chapter 5-

The week flew by, and as I'm walking out to my car, I see Four standing by my car with Uriah talking about the wheels or whatever. I walk over and say, "Like what ya see?"

"This is yours? I--I--" Four says.

Uriah interrupts, "Your car is boss!"

I laugh and ask them if they want a ride. Mindblown, they begin arguing about who sits in the front. 2 minutes later, there is a victorious Four in the front and a pouting Uriah in the back. I ask Uriah where he lives, and he directs me to a neighborhood called "Dauntless: The Brave." and I suddenly understand that each faction has its own neighborhood. I guess I need to move to Dauntless. Uriah and I sort out that we will meet at my house at 6 pm and he will text all the others. I speed off and ask Four where he lives. "IliveinAbnegation." He responds quickly.

"What?"

"I live in Abnegation. You know the Selfless." He looks away from me, almost ashamed.

"Yeah, I know what it is, but if you're Dauntless, why do you live with the Abnegation?"

"Because my dad is big in the government, which is run by Abnegation. My dad won't let me leave."

"Okay," I say, "which house?"

He points to a big, grey house right next to mine. "Okay, neighbor." I say and pretty much kick him out of the car laughing to relieve the awkwardness of the previous conversation. I pull into my driveway and wave at Four who has his mouth hanging open. I walk in and see a note on the bar that reads:

HEY, BEA, I'M STAYING THE NIGHT WITH FERNANDO TO STUDY. MOM AND DAD TOLD ME TO TELL YOU THEY ARE IN FRANCE FOR THE NEXT THREE WEEKS OBSERVING THE NEW CAR MODEL.

-CALEB

Okay, I've got the house to myself. Yes! I look at a clock and see that it's already 5:00 pm. I set out some chips and drinks. I pick up some clothes off the floor and turn on the TV. I look up on my phone Government official goes to court for suspected child abuse. The first thing that pops up is a picture of Marcus Eaton. Strange, then a picture of a boy named Tobias Eaton who looks just like Four. I put to and to together (to get Four😂 anyways) and realize that Four's real name is Tobias and his dad is suspected of beating him. I chuckle to myself because I know his real name and no one else does. I knew I recognized him from somewhere! The part that worries me is Tobias could be suffering and no one knows. I'll have to find out. The doorbell rings and I open the door to see Tobias standing in the doorway. His hoodie covers his cheek and I brush the fabric to the side. On his cheek is a handprint as if someone slapped him with all of their strength. He has a scared look on his face and I place my hand on his shoulder pulling him into a hug. "Are you okay?"

"Ye--No. I'm not okay and I didn't know where to go. I'm sorry, I should leave. I'm an idiot." He says with tears in his eyes.

"It's okay, Tobias, you're safe here. You're not an idiot." I whisper into his shirt. He looks at me surprised and I show him my Google search results. "Please don't tell the others." He asks with pleading eyes.

"I would never." I respond. We sit on the couch for 15 minutes, applying ice to his face, until the redness fades away. The others begin to arrive. When the doorbell rings I give him a quick peck on the cheek and smile down at him. He takes my hand in his and for a brief moment a though courses through my brain.

He's the one.

I squeeze his hand then let go. I answer the door smiling bigger than the normal person would. I see everyone standing there and Will says, "Alright, let's play some truth or dare!"