Chapter nineteen

Dean's POV
The door closed. I looked at Charlie. Then at Cas. On the ground. Unconscious. I shook my head. Charlie looked like she was thinking. "What are you thinking about?"I asked. She didn't answer. She walked out of the kitchen. I didn't follow her. I went to Cas. "Dude "I poked him. He didn't wake up.

I looked around. Nothing. I poked him again. Nope. Then I started to tickle him. That woke him up. "What happened?"he asked. I helped him up. "You tried to get Charlie to stop clapping "I said. He nodded. "Sounds about right. Did I miss anything else?"he asked. I shook my head. "No. Gabriel just left. We should talk to Sam"I said. He nodded.

We walked out and saw Charlie punching Sam in the chest. Sam not even flinching. I ran over to her and grabbed her." What the hell is wrong with you?"she asked Sam. I set her down. "..."Sam said nothing. "Are you getting joy from this?"she asked. "I wanted to say goodbye. I didn't know if I would see you before I left tomorrow. "He said.

Charlie laughed. "Your a jerk Sam. I hope you know that"she walked back to the kitchen. I looked at Cas and he followed her. I looked at Sam. He didn't move. Didn't speak. Just stood there. "You came to visit me. "I said. "You didn't think you would meet anyone. But you meant people. Who care about you. "I said.

He let out a sigh. "No. Don't do that. You deserve this. All of it. Because you made a stupid decision. "I said. He looked down. "You hurt him. And now you can pay the price"I shook my head. "I really hope this job is worth it. Cause you are losing two friends. A guy that loves you. And a brother"I said. He gave me a look.

"No. Sam. Before this. You were losing me. And now. It's noticeable. I'll see you at the apartment "I walked back to the kitchen. I saw Charlie sitting down. And Cas standing. "Any plans?"I asked. Cas shook his head. But Charlie didn't do anything. She just sat there. And was thinking. I gave Cas a look of worry. He just shrugged.

Sam's POV
I grabbed my phone. "Hello"she answered. "Hey jo. I need a ride. "I said. "Sorry Sam I'm on a date. "She answered. "It's ok. And have fun"I said. She hung up. I let out a sigh. I walked all the way over here. And I'm not walking back. No way. But I'm probably gonna have to. I think. And think. I got nothing. I finally decide to start walking.

As I'm walking. I just think. About what dean said. What Charlie said. What Gabe kept saying. I've been talked to about this problem by everyone except Castiel. Does he not have a opinion on this. Is he afraid to talk to me. Just then a car stops besides me. He window rolls down and it's Dorothy. "Get in "she said. I quickly obeyed. There must be a reason she's dating Charlie. And if she is anything like Charlie. I can not disagree with this woman. She started driving.

"So the whole Gabe and you thing. Wanna talk about it?"she asked. I said nothing. "Ok. Then just listen. It's a story. So listen or I will beat the crap out of you"she said. I nodded. "I knew a girl. Who was broken by a lot of people. She tried to find that one person to live with. But they always hurt her. In every way possible. Even new ways. So. When this one person showed interest in this girl. The girl just panicked. And thought. What if I turn out like the others and hurt this amazing person. "She paused.

"But that amazing person changed her mind. That amazing person told her that people get hurt. And it makes them afraid. Afraid to go after another person they so desperately need. "She said. I nodded. "That girl was me. "She said. "Was Charlie the amazing person?"I asked.

"No"she said clearly. I gave her a look. "It was my best friend"she smiled. "Oh"I said. She nodded. "He showed interest. And knew from the start. That I didn't really like him that way. So. He made sure I got out there. Gave me courage. A few drinks. "She laughed.

"He made me actually talk to Charlie. And I thank him every day. "She said her voice cracking. "Sam.  Why are you ruined?"she asked. "My ex. She died. And it was my fault "I answered. She shook her head. "Truth. Now"she said. "The night before she died. We had a talk. She told me that I showed no interest in her. That I truly didn't love her anymore. But she told me. It's ok. That people need to find that special person"I spoke. She nodded.

"She moved out. And was planning to stay with her parents. So. Her mom and Dad started helping her pack. I helped as well"I said.

"I dropped a box. And I heard her dad whisper useless. "I whispered. She gave me a look. She parked he car. "And her mother. Helped me pick the stuff up. And that made him more mad. So he yelled at me. And told me I'm useless and ruined. That I should never be with another person again. For breaking his little girls heart"I said.

"I didn't want to listen. I didn't want to think that all the stuff was true. But I saw the look in her face. She thought it to. And so I started thinking it. After she died with her parents. I worked harder at my job. And thought I just needed me. I planned to visit Dean one last time. Cause I knew I would not be able to see him again for a while"I told her.

"Why hurt someone whose only intention was to love you?"she asked. I gave her a look. "Sam Winchester. Really think about what you want to do tomorrow. Think about your life. Think about who will be in your life. Think who will never be in your life again. If you leave. Think about it. Ok"she said. I nodded. "It was great meeting you. I hope to see you again. I really do"she smiled.

"Same"I said. I got out and walked to the apartment. I opened the door and looked at my bags. I got out my phone. "Hello"the voice said. "Hey we need to talk again"I said.