Prompt #7

Prompt: Brennan vs. Pete? They're both kind of prone to fighting, so maybe Pete messes with Leon during one of his moments of anger and it starts something

A.N.- I wasn't sure where to put this since it's CA and TOF. If I keep getting requests for crossover prompts, I might just start a new book specifically for those!

------------------------------

                We were sitting in Beckett's basement, his current crew and his old one. He'd invited everyone up for pizza and wings while his parents were out of town for a conference.

                "It's freezing down here," Killian said, curling closer to Kaz for warmth. "My nipples could impale Kaz."

                "Not if I strangle you to death first," Beckett said, snapping his yo-yo into his hand.

                "Your basement is as cold as your heart," Killian said.

                "Get a blanket and quit complaining," Beckett said.

                "Maybe your parents were hoping to freeze your brother out," Tessa said.

                "Well, it worked. He has an apartment now," Beckett said.

                "They're going to freeze me out," Pete said in annoyance. I'd noticed his mood getting steadily worse, and figured it probably had to do with his leg. He'd been shifting it restlessly and rubbing at his knee.

                "We should break into his apartment sometime just to fuck with him," Leo said.

                "A blast from the past," Mikayla said.

                "How come we never got to torment your brother?" Fagan asked Beckett.

                "Because he was away at college," Beckett said. "Besides, if you fuck with him now, he'll just come bitching to me. I don't want to deal with it."

                "Maybe someday you and your brother will fix your issues," Leon said. He was lounging on the other end of the couch we were sharing with Fagan. Fagan sat between us, feet kicked up on a coffee table.

                "I lost my first baby tooth because my brother punched it out of my mouth," Beckett said flatly. "I don't see us fixing our issues anytime soon."

                "I bet that's how the Constance siblings solve their problems anyways," Pete said. "Throw a few punches, mentally manipulate each other, and call it a day."

                "I would never hit my siblings," Leon said, frowning. "We don't always get along, but they're still my brother and sister."

                "Not everyone gets along with their families," Pete said, his irritation growing. "Beckett's folks fucked him up, mine fucked me up, I'm sure yours fucked you up."

                "They didn't," Leon said, patient exasperation coloring his tone. "My parents were good to me."

                Pete barked a laugh. "That shit dad of yours isn't good to anyone. He had teachers and students threatening my leg. He helped my parents keep me drugged. He always mocked me about overdosing someday."

                Leon's hand had disappeared into his pocket to fidget. "I know he's done bad things. But he's my dad, and he's always been good to me."