Prologue - What Took You so Long?

Jay woke from his Nap and sighed in defeat, He rolled into a sitting position on his Bed in his One Bedroom Flat.
He looked about the bleak furniture of his bedroom, One Chair, a Broken Ikea Wardrobe and a Victorian Cast Iron Bed.
He looked at the Ripped Faded Wallpaper of his bedroom walls and said, "I will miss this, it wasn't much, but it was mine."

Jay stood up and walked into the bathroom in the Hallway, He did his business and washed his hands in the sink.
He splashed some water on his face and muttered, "My skin is still as pale is snow, (sigh) fake tan doesn't work on me it seems.
What a waste of money."
He picked up the empty tan bottle and threw it through the wall into his Waste basket in the kitchen by transforming it into Spirit Energy and then back into Matter.

He chuckled, "Being an Astral has it's perks, makes being lazy easier, hahaha."

He walked back into his bedroom and got dressed in a Black Suit with a White Silk Shirt and Polished Black Shoes.

He then walked into the Kitchen and switched on his Metal Coffee Maker and slotted in a Pale Green Capsule.
"Dryad Hills Coffee, my favorite."

He placed his only Cup under the nozzle and pressed the Glowing Button, releasing a Silver coloured liquid into his Cup.

He picked up his salt shaker and poured some into the coffee, he then moved the cup to his Kitchen Table and sat down in the Lone Chair.

He sipped the coffee and smacked his Lips in appreciation.

As was nearly finished, a Rebound BOOM filled the Flat and the stampede of heavy boots moved up the hall and into the kitchen.

12 men dressed in Black Riot armour with Glowing Guns surrounded him and pointed the Guns at him.

Jay continued to sip his Coffee and said to the armed men in a nonchalant tone, "Oh, I wonder why 12 Peace Agents with Guns issued by the Supernatural Council are in my Flat and pointing said Guns at my Head?
Oh thats right, I remember now, My Friend Tiber saw me eating a Soul.
What took you so Long?
Couldn't find my Address?"

He then glupped down the rest of the Coffee and placed his Cup on the Table.

The Leader of the Peace Agents said in an Authoritative voice, "Jay Grimson, you are Guilty of the Crime of being a Variation of the Astral Race, a Devourer of Souls, A Reaper.
Your Punishment is Death, to Maintain the Peace Treaty of 1499."

The Peace Agent Leader then Said, "Take Aim....."

------------------------------

(The Room turns Grey and Time Stops.)

Hello, My name is Jay Grimson, and this is my Soul Record of how I saved the City of Edinburgh from a Secret Threat.
How I discovered Traces of what became known as the Taboo Experiments.
How I helped Kill the Self-Proclaimed 'Father of Beasts'.

But I am getting ahead of myself, First let me explain the World that Hides Within Humanity, The Supernatural World.

The Supernatural World is made of five General Races, My own race the Astrals, the Celestials, the Faery, the Vampires and the Werewolves.

The Werewolves, are a race of Apex Predators.
In Human form, they average out at 7 foot tall, both males and females.
Their bodies are pure muscle, allowing them to lift entire buses above their heads with one hand.
They are also able to sprint at 80 mile per hour, meaning they can chase their prey over any distance.
In their Bestial Form, they stand at 18 feet tall and 10 feet wide.
Their body is made of densely packed muscle and covered in thick fur which acts like body armour.
They can shatter buildings with a single swipe of their Razor Sharp Claws, making them the most dangerous in a close combat battle.
They also possess a special trait in both forms, which is Rapid Regeneration, allowing them to heal from the most grevious of wounds.

Next we have the Vampires.
In Human form, they are the Essence of Beauty and fashion.
They look like the perfect human being, though they always tend to end up in a position of power.
They are able to manipulate and feast on the Minds of Others, their victims normally end up in insane asylums.
They are slightly stronger than Humans but they are just as fast a werewolves.
In their Bestial Form, they stand 12 feet tall and 4 feet wide.
They don't have Eyes, only a Bone helmet which acts as a Magnifier for their Psychic Powers, allowing then to kill with a thought.
They have wings attached to their spiked arms, allowing them to fly short distances.
Their hands are possess talons and their feet also act as clawed hands, allowing them to climb walls with ease.
Their Special Trait is being able to use any reflective surface as a doorway to the Mirror World, but this leaves them without a Reflection.

Next is the Faery, or as they Call themselves, 'The Enlightened Ones.'
They are the most Complicated to explain, but in essence, they are all Mythological Creatures from Dragons to Elves.
They are more a Catch-all Group rather than a Race, but they are Ruled by Three Rulers.

The First Ruler is King Pan, The King Of Humanoids, The King of the Wild Hunt.
He Rules the Faery Races that have mostly Human Features like Goblins and Orcs.

The Second Ruler is Queen Venus, The Queen of the Beautiful, The Ruler of Spring and Summer.
She mostly Rules the Faery Races that use Temptation to Hunt, such as Mermaids and Dryads.

The Third Ruler is Called Shadow, The First Fear, The Ruler of Autumn and Winter.
It mostly Rules the Faery Races that inspire Fear or are more Bestial, such as Boogeymen, Banshees or Kelpies.
I would describe the Faery Rulers if I could, But that would be telling.

Next is the Celestials, which are Two Races in fact.
Humanity's Idea of Angels and Demons spawned from the Celestials.
A Celestial is a Dual Mind Being, One good, one bad.
When the Good Mind is in control, their wings turn to feathers and they radiate Healing Light.
But when the Bad Mind is in control, their Wings turn to Leather and they radiate a Burning Heat which is poisonous to others.

And lastly, The Astrals, My own Race.
We Astrals are the reason humanity is obsesssed with Gods of Death and the Afterlife.
You see, we take the Souls of the Dead to the Gate of Death, where we take a sliver of their soul and push them inside.
Now a Soul will go to the Afterlife it believes it deserves, so a Soul that wants to go to Paradise, will go.
And vise vera, now all the Paradises are shared in the same space, it is the same for the Damnations.
Basically all the Afterlife Gods got together and purchased two properties, one for the Punisher Gods like Lucifer and Hades and the other for the Blessing Gods, like Jesus and Odin.

Now, Astrals don't Age, we are primarily Spiritual Energy in nature with the ability to create a Body of Flesh Indistinguishable from Humans.
We are also able to extend out our Spiritual body and transform anything inside of it into Spiritual Energy, but Transformed Matter will return back into Matter after a short time if we don't constantly keep transforming it.
Our bodies are Unkillable, unless the attacker is another Astral, and since Astrals only kill if they are forced to, we are basically Immortal.
Our Birthing Rates are the Lowest amongst all Supernatural Races, with the youngest member being myself, aged 117.
I never knew my parents, I was abandoned in a Old Elvish Travelling Tunnel leading into Faeryland, a Separate Dimension where Faeries live free away from the eyes of Humans.
As A Reaper, I am unable to just eat one sliver of a Soul, I need to eat all of it, as the Hunger is unending.

But nevermind that, Why don't I take you back to the beginning, to the Day I found the First Clue?

Let me just Cut out the Memory and let you watch, two seconds.

(Ouch! Ow ow ow ow ow!! )

There is it, all bundled up nice and tight.
Here Catch this.