The Sea of Monsters

The Sea of Monsters

"I am one of the 'two very important primordial gods,' according to The Fates that is. My name is Omega, and I'm here for your decision."

"Decision...?" Hazel asked a little uneasy. Frank gasped her hand softly, calming her down. She smiled at him in thanks.

Omega seemed to smile softly at Hazel. "You have a choice. You can either go back to your time or you can stay here and listen to the quests of Perseus Jackson."

Silence filled the pavilion at the primordial god's words.

Reyna stepped forward. "And why should we believe you? You may be working with Gaea. How do we know we can trust you?"

Many seemed to agree with statement as they nodded or verbally said their agreement.

Omega sifted a little uneasy.

"Man, you're trying to kill us?" Leo stated more than questioned.

"Valdez," Leo's eyes widened. Everyone from the future tensed. "If I was trying to kill you, I would have killed you already. I know that most times immortal beings lie and deceive demigods, but I promise you I am not deceiving you, I swear on the River Styx." Thunder boomed as a sign the oath was sealed.

Silence followed. The whole pavilion stilling, watching and waiting for the response of the future travelers (traveling futures?). The Five (because there isn't the full Seven of the Great Prophecy number two) turned to Reyna for her response.

"Who are you?" Thalia asked (demanded harshly), walking back into the pavilion with Nico in tow.

Omega looked like he straightened up. "My name is Omega, Miss Grace." He replied kindly, though sounded a little detached.

Thalia narrowed her eyes, glaring in a threatening manner. "How do you-"

Omega softened. "Don't worry, I may know your greatest fear, but I won't tell anyone. I swear on the River Styx." Thunder boomed.

Thalia was going to voice her thoughts, but Nico stopped her before anything was said. He stared hard at Omega. "Your name is Omega?" He asked slowly.

Omega smiled, sadness rolling off of him in waves. "It isn't the name I was born with." He cleared his throat, the sadness leaving the air. "Now, back to your decision?" He seemed to stare into Reyna's soul.

The five shared a look behind Reyna, she seemed to understand what they were thinking.

"Yes." Reyna answered.

"What?" Thalia and Nico asked.

Only it was too late, Omega had already sent them somewhere else.

~

Annabeth was really hoping that the future makes more sense when it will be her present, but then again, apparently her future self is in Tartarus with Percy Jackson, her best friend and slight crush. And she means slight, slight crush.

But to hear she was in Tartarus with Percy and according to the letter and the new person, there are 'two very important primordial gods' and one is in the dining pavilion. What was going to happen? Was the 'two very important primordial gods' part true? Can they trust the new person? Wasn't there still a chance that the first group of demi-gods were lying about who they are?

But now? Things got complicated as there was darkness.

Nico swore as he muttered, "Shadow travel." Cursing as it was worse than when he traveled through the shadows.

One second complete darkness, the next a middle school gym?

Everyone looked around confused. Those who were seated in the pavilion still sat at the tables, and with a snap of Omega's fingers a table appeared for the eight time traveling half-bloods.

Reyna nodded in thanks as the rest of the eight travelers sat at the table, watching as the scene played out.

~

Camp Half-Blood is under attack when Thalia's tree, which guards the borders of the camp, is poisoned and slowly begins to die. In order to save the tree and the camp someone must recover the Golden Fleece, which is somewhere in the Sea of Monsters. At the same time, Percy finds out that Grover, who has left on a quest to find the missing god Pan, has been caught by the cyclops Polyphemus and that the Fleece is on Polyphemus' island. Together with Annabeth and his half-brother Tyson, a cyclops, Percy sets out to rescue Grover. Meanwhile, Clarisse La Rue, daughter of Ares, is sent on an official quest by Camp Half-Blood to retrieve the Fleece. The trip to the Sea of Monsters is long and hazardous and along the way the heroes encounter several dangers including Scylla and Charybdis, the sorceress Circe, the Sirens and their former friend Luke Castellan. Percy also learns about a prophecy from the Oracle about a child of one of the three most important gods (Zeus, Poseidon and Hades), which in all likelihood refers to Percy, playing a vital part in the success or failure of the resurrection of Kronos the Titan-King. The heroes eventually retrieve the Fleece and restore Thalia's tree but also unknowingly revive Thalia herself, daughter of Zeus, who had been turned into the tree by her father when she died.

~

With another snap of his fingers, Omega brought them back to the pavilion at Camp Half-Blood.

Poor twelve-year-old Percy was pale from the shock of everything that just happened. While the others were in shock (minus Omega and the two children of the Big Three who were knew of the story already), Thalia and Nico had what looked like a silent conversation.

Omega silently counted down until someone started-

"Luke betrayed us!"

-shouting.

The shout from the Ares Cabin started a murmur of voices, talking about Luke's betrayal.

Before anyone thought of hurting the Son of Hermes, Omega stood protectively in front of him. Staring down everyone, he looked around. "Do not, DO NOT harm Luke Castellan. He may have done some questionable things in the past six months or so, and what you just saw was next Summer. I know of the things he has done and what he will do. Just because you know the future doesn't mean you can or should act on it." There was something in his voice that told everyone not to argue and to listen to what he was saying.

A moment of silence happened-

"So...Percy was turned into a guinea pig."

Oh no, the Strolls are at it again.

~MsPenguingirl1234.

Published: July 20, 2017.