Chapter Thirteen

Saturday rolled around and it was time for Stella's baby shower. She wanted to keep the sex a surprise for when she gave birth but Damien persuaded her into finding out so people could buy the appropriate items for the baby shower.

Anna and Damien woke up at 9am to start getting ready.

"Princess, can you start hanging the decorations outside for me? I'll start on the food" Damien asked as he put the finished bowl of cereal in the sink.

"Mhmm" Anna mumbled.

"Are you okay? You've seemed kind of off the past couple days. What's eating at you baby girl?" Damien asked as he pet her head.

"Once Stella has her baby, I won't be important anymore. You'll have a new baby to take care of. You won't want me around anymore" Anna said as she started to walk away with the decorations.

"Hey! Stop. Stop thinking like that. That won't happen baby girl. YOU'RE my baby. Nobody will ever take that away. Okay? I promise" he said as he grabbed her and pulled her into him.

"You really promise, Daddy?"

"Yes, princess. Now go hang the decorations please. And if you ever feel like that again, please let me know, okay?"

"Yes, Daddy" Anna said as she skipped outside.

"What was that about?" Stella asked as she walked into the kitchen where Damien was standing.

"Nothing. I'm gonna go to the store and pick up the cupcakes. Can you watch her while I'm gone and make sure she doesn't fall off that ladder?" Damien asked as he grabbed his car keys.

"Yeah. Sure thing. And Dame?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you. For everything" Stella smiled as she walked out to help Anna.

**********************************
Guests began to arrive as Anna was finishing up getting dressed upstairs. She decided to wear grown-up clothes since Damien's whole family was going to be there. The only time she sees his whole family is on special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas, so she wanted to make a good impression when it wasn't a holiday. So she wore a purple flowy top, light jeans, and short black booties.

"You look very pretty baby girl. Are you ready?" Damien asked as he opened the bedroom door and put his arm out for her to walk.

"Yep! Is your mom here?" She asked as she zipped up her boots and walked out of their bedroom door.

"Mhmm. She's waiting for you" Damien said as he kissed her forehead and started walking down the stairs with her.

"Anna, darling! Hello! Good to see you. Damien insisted I bring my macaroni salad for you. I made some for everyone but brought you your own container" Damien's mother Dorothy said as she embraced Anna and handed Damien a plastic covered bowl filled with macaroni salad.

"Hi, Mrs.Bailey. Good to see you too! Thank you!" Anna said as she hugged her back.

"So. Where's Stella?" She asked.

"Um, I'm not sure. I'll go find her and tell her you're here. Excuse me" Anna said as she walked outside to find Stella. She walked around outside for a few minutes before she gave up and went inside.

"Hey I can't find Stella" she told Damien.

"Have you checked her bathroom? Maybe she's still getting ready" Damien said as he put the cupcakes on a tray to take outside.

"Okay, I'll go check" Anna said as she walked away towards the downstairs bathroom.

"Stella? Stella, where are you? Everyone's here" Anna said as she peeked into the guest room, which was empty. She looked into the bathroom, empty. Then she tried the nursery.

"Stell. Hey. Everyone's here and waiting for you. What's up?"

"I can't do this Anna" Stella said through her tears as she sat in the rocking chair that was beside the crib.

"What do you mean?"

"This baby. Being here. Seeing these people. I can't do it. I'm a nobody. I'm worthless. This baby deserves so much more than I could ever give it" Stella said as she began to cry harder.

"Hey! Hey hey hey. You're not worthless! You cleaned up and got a job. You're saving money. You're doing really good! All of these people are here for you because they're excited and they're proud. Don't make them change their mind" Anna said as she hugged Stella from behind.

"It's just so hard. I'll never be good enough for these people"

"Yes, you will. You have to show them. Show them you're better and you can be clean and keep a job. I promise you can do it"

"Thanks Anna. That means a lot. Is my makeup okay?"

"Here. I'll fix it then we can go downstairs okay?"

"Okay. Thanks Anna. I really appreciate you" Stella said as she smiled at Anna and they walked into the bathroom.

They fixed Stella's makeup and made their way downstairs and outside where everyone was waiting.

"We've all been waiting for you, dear! Everyone's excited to see what you're having. Come on, sit" Mrs.Bailey said as she motioned Stella towards a chair covered with streamer and balloons.

"Hello everyone! Thank you for coming to Stella's gender reveal party. As most of you know, she has been living with Anna and I for quite some time now and has been doing really well in life. Today is not only a gender reveal party, but a celebration of her and how well she's doing. But first, let's see if I'm having a niece or nephew!" Damien said through the microphone he had set up outside. "Now, on the count of 3, Point your party poppers up into the sky and release! The confetti that comes out will be blue if it's a boy or pink if it's a girl. Okay, ready, ONE...TWO...THREE!" Everyone's popped the poppers and pink confetti covered the air. "YEAH ITS A GIRL! Congratulations Stella!" Damien yelled as he gave her a big hug. Everyone was smiling and giving their congratulations to Stella. "Now everyone, it's time for lunch. The caterers will be ready in about 5 minutes so go ahead and have a seat anywhere you would like"

Damien hired caterers and set up tables and chairs outside to have this party. As everyone was getting seated, Stella stood up and grabbed the microphone.

"Hey everyone. Thank you for coming. Um, I just wanted to say thank you for everyone believing in me, and encouraging me to stay clean and be healthy for my baby girl. Whose name is going to be Bella, by the way". The crowd erupted with cheers. Stella laughed, "Thanks, I like it too. Anyway, I want to give a huge thank you to Anna and Damien for letting me stay in their home and for hosting this party. Thanks everyone for coming and I hope you enjoy. Now let's eat!" She ended and sat down, making everyone clap and cheer. Shortly after, the food was brought out and the rest of the night was spent eating and just enjoying the night.