6.

Joey

"Joey! Joey!" She knocked on the door.

"Ok, ok. Wait!" I unlatched the door and Vick came bursting through with her crying children.

"You didn't forget did you?"

"No, of course I didn't." I had to watch her kids since her babysitter was out sick.

"Good, I have to get going. I'm gonna be late" she looked over my shoulder. "Who's this?"

"This is V"

He seemed dazed. "He's my roommate."

"Oh, interesting," she nodded. "Well, gotta go. I'll be back at five."

She closed the door behind herself as she left. I placed the kids down and two of the babies began crying to the top of their lungs. The other crawled towards V and pulled on his pants leg. 

V stood there looking horrified. Vick came bursting through the door again. "Oops, I forgot their diaper bag. Here." She handed me the big ass bag and left again. 

I sat it down on the couch and gave my two crying nephews their bottles. 

Lavender clutched onto V's leg and he looked like he would burst from terror. 

"Careful. She can smell fear" I teased. 

"Aaahhhhhh!!!" he yelled, shaking her off of his leg. She giggled up a storm and hung on for dear life. 

"V, you shouldn't do that. She'll get hurt" I explained. 

"But shes hurting me!" 

"V, she's a baby. How much damage could she do?" 

"Her nails are digging into my skin!" 

Lavender fell on her butt and cried. 

"See what you did!" I ran to her side. I tried to cradle her but she pushed me away. She tried standing up but immediately fell back down onto her butt. She waved her finger at him as if she were scolding him. 

"Bagucci! Ba Ba Baaaaaaaaaa!!!" she crawled over and smacked his leg. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for upsetting you. It won't ever happen again!" V cowered and covered his head with his arms. She had a lot of sass for an eleven month old. "I apologize. I won't do it again." 

I rolled my eyes. Why was this guy so fascinated with microwaves, ate rocks and scared of children? 

"MaBa!" she yelled. 

"What? What'd she say?" he asked. "For some reason I cannot communicate with her." 

"Stop V. Just stop trying." I handed her, her bottle and she drank from it happily. "Do you want to hold her?" I handed her over to him and he reluctantly reached out to hold her small plump body. 

She reached up and pulled his hair. He screamed and let her go. I grabbed her before she could hit the floor. "V! You can't do that! She's small. She could get hurt!" 

"But she's mean. She pulled my hair!" he whined. 

"Great. Now I have four kids to look after." I cradled her in my arms. "Could you at least make her formula?" 

"Formula?" he repeated. I handed him the container of formula, her bottle and told him just add water. 

I sat on the couch with my niece as we waited  for V to make the formula. Ten minutes had passed by and he still hadn't came out of the kitchen. 

"Why's it taking you so long to-" He stood by the counter with the bottle and the container of formula in a huge bowl of water, stirring it. 

"I'm sorry but none of this is dissolving." He explained.